Author Topic: inoculation with Gorgonzola  (Read 1193 times)

zarko

inoculation with Gorgonzola
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:47:07 AM »
hello
this is my first cheese, goat Gorgonzola inoculated blue cheese. i did this while i am waiting for starter and penicillin products come to me.
this is cheese that is 7 days in cave and while i expected blue mold i got compliantly white mold
as i dont have any experience with this could this be penicillin candida?

zarko

Re: inoculation with Gorgonzola
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 07:47:59 AM »
one more picture

Dorchestercheese

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
Hi- I'm not sure what that white is could just be the blue starting to grow.  I'll let someone with more experience answer but I've seen all sorts of white or beige on blue cheese.  Curious how dry was the surface when you put it into the cave?

zarko

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
i have been drying it in kitchen for 2 or 4 days i dont remember, as it was explained in you tube video. it is dry a little moist but firm. something like hard cheese it does not make condensation in the box. and it smells hard and strong but it is goat cheese i guess  ;D

Dorchestercheese

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »
Cool lets see how this goes...i've never done goat milk cheese but i would like to one day

zarko

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
this is a success and i can not be more happy than this.. it turned out ot be awesome goat blue cheese with very strong taste, buttery.
thanks

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 09:56:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Zarko and congratulations on a successful blue.
Please accept your first cheese from me in recognition of your success.
Although the white bloom could be Penicillium Candidum, my guess would be that it is more likely Geotricum Candidum which seems to turn up everywhere.
- Andrew

zarko

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »
thank you very much.. i am planing to put it under microscope in order to see if i can identify what it is or to send someone who is knowledge...so i can see what i got...