Author Topic: Australian Potential Jacketed cheese Vats  (Read 1212 times)

Offline FooKayaks2

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 1
  • Default personal text
Australian Potential Jacketed cheese Vats
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:54:58 AM »
Hello fellow Australians

this may be of interested to members. I have recently found and purchased one of these used steam kettles https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/used-316ss-60l-steam-jacketed-boiler-kettles-with-lid. Give Jezza at cheeky peak a call. He has 6 left.

I am happy to talk anyone through how I am going to heat mine if they are thinking about it. Once I have mine working I will put together a detailed build post to the process, as searching the forum no one has really gone into detail about how they have heated jacketed vessel, there are only mentions in passing.

Other information it may be worthwhile knowing. The jacket is 26litres, there is a thermowell in the Kettle with a temperature probe. The kettle drains from the bottom. The 3 way outlet on the bottom is the outlet of the steam jacket.

I have some photos of the internal of the kettle if anyone would like to see the please ask and I can post.

I believe this is a fantastic deal as other jacketed kettles/vats in this size range I have looked at range in price from $1.5-3k.

Mathew

AnnDee

Re: Australian Potential Jacketed cheese Vats
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:57:08 AM »
I am not Australian but I am very interested,  do you think they are willing to ship to Malaysia?

Offline FooKayaks2

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 1
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »
Ann

I think it would be worth contacting them and asking. Jezza is really helpful, and also very keen to sell as he has had the vats laying around for a few years after changing his brewery setup. Volume is listed as 60Litres however I think you could get between 80-90L in if you had a 2" inlet cut off and re welded. This is my plan.

Send them an email, if you do let them know I told you about it.

Mathew

AnnDee

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »
Thank you Matthew, I will do that. I hope he can ship and the shipping cost is bearable.