Author Topic: Re introduction  (Read 617 times)

Offline FooKayaks2

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 1
  • Default personal text
Re introduction
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:57:07 PM »
Hello

I just wanted to reintroduce myself.
I am a 37 year old, from Tasmania in Australia. ( currently living in Melbourne, and as every Tasmanian knows you never really stop being a Tasmanian where ever you are. Can't escape the two headed jokes)

I have been making cheese for 5 years now at home and lurking on the forum for just as long. In that time I have read a lot of great threads and learnt a lot. I haven't really posted a lot, at first there was so many great threads and I could learn through others, and I am not naturally a person who tells others about myself.
My favourite cheeses to make are the alpine style cheeses.

However lately I have been complaining to my wife that there aren't as many posts on the forum lately, and people seem to be joking Facebook groups and posting the same posts on every Facebook group they are a member of.. Sorry rant over.

So I have decided that I am going to stop lurking and contribute. Whether that is bu helping others with their problems, and while I will never be as knowledgable as Linuxboy Sailor or Francois, hopefully I can be as helpful as Andy, Boofer, Ann, Gregore or Mal are. Even if this means rereading Cheese Poblems solved to help answer questions.

Mathew
Ps. If you have posted photos of your makes  on 3 different Facebook groups I hope I haven't offended you.

mobius

Re: Re introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:01:46 PM »
More Tasmanians...that funny little island, right?

I actually just joined, new to cheesemaking, and am overflowing with questions so I definitely look forward to your kind input! Thanks!

Offline Rain Frances

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 8
    • Rainy Day Cheese Making
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:33:45 PM »
Hi FooKayaks2 :)  I'm new here and I'm happy to read your post. I almost gave up this week when I never got a reply to my Mozzarella post, but I see there is a little more activity at the end of the week. This forum is really vital for newbies like me and it's nice that you want to contribute. Alpine style cheeses, you mean Swiss?

Rain

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 12:50:10 AM »
Welcome   

If you need an infusion of cheese info on the days that posts are few , you can down load the 2 books I posted links to in the library section . The question and answer book "cheese problems solved "  is a fantastic read and anyone that makes it through to the end and remembers half of what's in there will have no problems solving any question on this forum .

mobius

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 04:37:20 AM »
many thanks gregore!

Offline FooKayaks2

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 1
  • Default personal text
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »
"Cheese problems solved" is a great read. I worked my way through it a couple of weeks ago. I figure helping others is a good way to learn what I have read.

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »
Welcome on board.
- Andrew

AnnDee

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 02:14:01 PM »
Looking forward to your 'cheesy'ness Matthew!