Author Topic: Project Cheese Fridge  (Read 3211 times)

Col68

Project Cheese Fridge
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
Hello dear friends, I wanted to present my project of cheese fridge, I use a digital thermostat MH1210 instead of the original thermostat for temperature and an MH13001 for moisture, I made the wooden shelves, added 2 PC fan for circulating air and humidity, while down a mini humidifier donuts and to finish a thermometer hygrometer with remote probe to monitor from outside, I put the temperature sensor in a box with the aluminum inside and the moisture sensor in a larger well ventilated box, I hope to have a cave at 54 ° F and 80% humidity.The advice, information, comments and opinion to experiment are welcome (I am amateur)
Price MH1210A = 13 € (you can find cheaper) MH13001 = 15 € (I found this product on sale normally it costs between 18 and 25 €) Socket and connector... 10 € The rest recovery.
This is my adventure, I hope given an idea for future cheesemakers, thank you and good cheese

Col68

Re: Project Cheese Fridge
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »
Hello, I wanted to share the final result, I am satisfied with the result despite the start, for fans I use a timer set for 15 minutes ventilation every 2 hours, I wonder if I could use the fans with the MH13001 in inserting a dual socket, 1 humidifier (with 220V adapter to 5V dc and 2 fans with 220V to 12V adapter?) To have the fans running when the humidifier is active, for test I have set the humidity to 65 % with 5% margin and a protection of 5 minutes, I do not know the necessary amount of water by setting to 85%. Well we will see all this, anyway for the price and those who likes to tinker it's worth a try , I am amateur you can do better and given me safety tips or other, thank you for reading, cordially.

Duntov

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »
Excellent work!  Now let us see the cheeses.  AC4U.

Col68

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:26:36 PM »
Excellent work!  Now let us see the cheeses.  AC4U.

Thank you very much dear Duntov for your comment and the cheese, I noticed that the bottom fan is too wet, I will mount it from a floor and protect the dominoes in mini boxes to insulate from the moisture. Tomorrow I will settle this and go to the farmer's attack for 30 liters of raw milk. It's gone for the Gouda ... thank you for the motivation, a cheese for the respect to Duntov, good continuation.

cats

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 09:51:29 PM »
Nice fridge :)

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 10:32:31 PM »
Quelle bonne caverne. Vous avez fait tres bien.
Je vous donne un autre fromage.
Bonne chance avec votre Gouda.
- Andrew

Offline Rain Frances

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 8
    • Rainy Day Cheese Making
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 11:39:11 PM »
That looks great, congratulations!

Col68

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 05:11:03 PM »
Thank you very much for your motivating comments, it really pleases me to see that you please, I learned thanks to you, your shares and mutual help, it is I who thank you from the bottom of my heart, very great respect to all of you , that the sun shines on you.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
Moi aussi, je vais vous donner un autre fromage!
-- Andy

Col68

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 12:08:52 PM »
Thank you Andy,  you are all fabulous I wish all the best things for you, I was inspired by your experience and sharing,
♡ I LOVE YOU ♥

Col68

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »
Hello, little info for those who would like this launched like me in the management of temperature and humidity, if you used a moisture controller type MH13001 or Wilhi ... (with relay output supporting 250V AC 10 Amp) plugged a double socket on the RH

controller plug and inserted a 220V socket to 5V USB for the humidifier and a 220V to 12V socket for the 2 fans. When the humidifier is activated the ventilos are activated which facilitates homogeneity in the fridge. Cordially.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:01:23 AM by Col68 »

Offline nccheesemike

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 35
  • Default personal text
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 10:56:33 AM »
Very nice set up!! Love the wooden shelves. Here's to many finely aged cheeses!!

Mike

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »
Great set-up!... and good luck on the Gouda!

F

Col68

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »
Thank you for your motivating comments, I share so that everyone benefits from this project, I wish the best for you, happiness and good times, good continuation.

FuKQzl7Lmk

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 05:25:01 PM »
hi col68

nice cave, i am making mine like yours.
how do you know if you can drill your fridge on the top ? maybe in some there is cooling circuits passing here ?

++
baptiste.