Author Topic: Project Cheese Fridge  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
Re: Project Cheese Fridge
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 05:52:22 PM »
Very nice set up!  AC4 your amazing cave!! ;D
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Col68

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »
hi col68

nice cave, i am making mine like yours.
how do you know if you can drill your fridge on the top ? maybe in some there is cooling circuits passing here ?

++
baptiste.
Hello dear Baptiste, excuse me for the delay, I was carried away by the world of electronics:)

To answer your question, I find the trick on the internet, you must mix corn flour with a little alcool (such as a small of alcool and 2 or 3 spoonfuls of corn flour) mix well all and spread on the surface we want to drill.

You have to wait for the compressor to turn it on and you can see the part where the pipes passes swells with heat.
Personally I walk my hands on surfaces during operation and hot surface = Pipes present, cold surface = (normally no hose). But I advise the test with corn flour which is more precise because visual.

I'm sorry for the translation errors of the Google translator I use,
good luck.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:56:45 AM by Col68 »

Col68

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »
Very nice set up!  AC4 your amazing cave!! ;D

Hello and thank you Al Lewis, I wish the best for you, I was busy working on a new temperature controller and humidity with Arduino. I will share so that everyone benefits, thank you all I love you,
cordially.

FuKQzl7Lmk

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »
Bonjour Col68, avec un petit frigo comme le votre, n'avez vous pas de problème de mucor ? j'ai lu qu'un sous-dimensionnement de la cave pouvais être à l'origine du problème.
J'ai personnellement du mucor qui pousse sur mes premiers essais de fromage, j'en cherche donc l'origine...

Col68

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »
Hello,
i apologize for the delay, yes i also noticed the green (mucor) on the cheese but not excessive.

I noticed that in the fridge if there are many cheeses washed with apple cider or other ... the bad blue (mucor) is minimized if there is not a lot of cheese in the fridge the bad blue is only present in the corners of some boards on the shelves.

This is the note after using this fridge, the fridge is ventilated maybe it helps to minimize the mucor? I am amateur.

Finally, concerning the project realized with the help of people well on the net, i am always very satisfied with the final result, everything works very well. Now I discovered the Arduino world, STM32, Atmega, Cortex, Arm .... series of microcontrollers,

I have already mounted a thermostat of 0 with programming, assembly of parts ... fun and especially impressive, i am newbie who learns little by little, thanks to the sharing and help of the honorable people one can always succeed.

I also plan to share this great thermo-hygrostat project for everyone to enjoy. Thank you all.

Col68

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 06:10:35 PM »
Bonjour Col68, avec un petit frigo comme le votre, n'avez vous pas de problème de mucor ? j'ai lu qu'un sous-dimensionnement de la cave pouvais être à l'origine du problème.
J'ai personnellement du mucor qui pousse sur mes premiers essais de fromage, j'en cherche donc l'origine...

Bonsoir, désolé pour le retard, oh mince j'ai pas capté que vous m'aviez écrit en Français :) comme j'utilise un translator, pour le mucor comme dit, j'ai remarqué que quand il y à beaucoup de fromages et la plupart lavé au cidre de pomme ou autre... le mucor n'apparaît presque pas ou vraiment très peut mais contrairement quand il n'y à pas beaucoup de fromages comme actuellement, j'aperçois sur les bords des planches à fromages des mucors qui essaient de ce faire :) un ptit cout de nettoyage au cidre ou bicarbonate de soude fera peut être l'affaire, finalement je suis assez satisfait du résultat, merci à vous et bonnes continuation.