Author Topic: Homemade Parmesan !  (Read 2915 times)

Col68

Homemade Parmesan !
« on: September 15, 2017, 12:06:16 AM »
hello, I wanted to introduce a parmesan aged 7 months, I did not think I had such a good taste and smell, the crust was costaut, when I cut the cheese the smell came out, is not too dry inside, I am very satisfied with the result, I will share the simple recipe to do except for patience :-), the last pictures is an example of real Parmesan. Which means you can do everything at home :-) thank you for your visit and comments, cordially.

smcaro@gmail.com

Re: Homemade Parmesan !
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 12:54:21 AM »
 :D A) Good looking cheese Col68! AC4U

Perhaps you can let us know more about your aging procedure? Natural rind, vac packed, waxed, etc?

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 01:45:00 AM »
Yup :) looks good from here ... did your cheese taste compare well to the real parm?

F

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 06:39:21 AM »
Congratulations on a good looking Parmesan. Very nice texture. Please have a cheese from me.
Mais vous etes trop modeste. Votre Parmesan est un vrai Parmesan aussi.
- Andrew

Offline nccheesemike

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 35
  • Default personal text
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 01:22:22 PM »
Great looking cheese!! Well done! AC4U

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »
Well done! Now you need to find the patience to let it age for two years - it is quite amazing how the taste continues to develop over such a long time.

But meanwhile, AC4U!
-- Andy

Col68

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:21:23 PM »
:D A) Good looking cheese Col68! AC4U

Perhaps you can let us know more about your aging procedure? Natural rind, vac packed, waxed, etc?

Thank you Smcaro, Parm. made with 7 liters of farm's milk I pasteurized at 70 ° C 15 seconds, left 1 month free at 52 ° F, then buttered with coconut butter for 1 month, after I scraped the nut butter of coconut and continued to age only with lightly salted olive oil, around 3 months, I turn only once a month if too dry adds little olive oil, it is a cheese that does not not too blue, cordially.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:54:22 PM by Col68 »

Col68

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »
Yup :) looks good from here ... did your cheese taste compare well to the real parm?

F

Thank you Fritz, I assure you that I was really surprised by the taste and original texture that makes me understand that we can make a good parm at home, I live in France we are borders with Italy Parmesan is sold here, I find no difference in taste, what shocks me is that I am amateur :-)

Col68

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »
I Love you all, Thank you for your favorable comments, thank you to appreciate so much patience, wait 2 years I think would be an exciting adventure, I will bring a piece to my farmer who sells me milk, increases the price of raw milk after having tasted this good cheese  :-)

I buy the liter of raw fresh milk "50 cent" in Euro, my farmer loves me and I love him, I offer him Turkish cakes of loukoum ... it offers me eggs, vegetables ...

we are happy and we respect it, life is short but so beautiful in mutual respect, peace, happiness to live happy, I wish you the best things for you, tomorrow I will share the recipe so that everyone benefits, good continuation.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:59:48 PM by Col68 »

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 10:44:11 PM »
I love it.. you have a perfect farmer/food lover relationship ... cherish it..not many people have that privilege and luck :) ...and yes, a very good idea to treat the farmer with the finished fruits of your labour (cheeses) made from his farm produce... (it may actually keep your costs lower with your generous offers!) :)

The greedy and corrupt food industry (world wide) DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW EASILY IT ACTUALLY IS to make your own food produce, and products, at home such as: cheeses, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, (all milk products), breads and buns, bacon, hams, cured meats, smoked meats, cold cuts, (all delicious meat processing). Year round vegetable growing (hydroponics), Jams,  fermenting vegetables (sour kraut) and pickling vegetables (gherkins).... They want you to buy the chemical infused, unhealthy and nutrient stripped food from a store to line everybody else's pockets.

How did we ever survive before "Kraft" came along?

:)

F

Col68

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »
Dear Fritz, I totally agree with you, agriculture is left to die to enrich the non-organic agriculture produced in mass with chemical everything is made for cheap consumed, the leaders of this world are a shame for the " history of our time, no justice,

America in Europe tons of food are thrown, in Africa asia humans are hungry, I want justice for all humans, I can not sleep the belly full quiet, while my neighbor is hungry.

I always favor in my purchases the farmers, they are so honest that everything is good, there is a person I like very much who is in the forum but not active,

he lives in Australia and he really does everything at home and sharing his experiences of cheeses, eggs, vegetables, fruits ... he names it Gürkan Yeniçeri he shares everything on his blog, I'm a fan :-) thank you Dear Fritz woke up our brain asleep, a cheese for your beautiful speech, good weekend.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:27:55 AM by Col68 »

cbenner33

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 04:41:25 PM »
I'm still waiting for the recipe. Are you going to make us wait 7 months?

Chris

Col68

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 07:59:15 PM »
Hello Chris, I apologize for the delay, I had to change hands for a while :)

Here is the recipe in general that I realized:
- 7 liters of farmer's milk (raw → pasteurized)
- 250ml Ferment Mesophilic / Thermophilic (200ml Thermo - 50ml Mesophilic)
- 1,2 Calcium 33% dilute in 40ml clean water
- 2.9 ml Rennet 1/10000 in 50ml cold milk First.

I pasteurized the farmer's raw milk to 70 ° C for 15 seconds and chilled to 38 ℃ to add calcium.
The milk to reach 32 ℃ put the ferments well to mix gently but well. (Wait 60 minutes)

Milk 32 ℃ addition of Rennet and again wait between 40 and 60 minutes (depending on the milk so thick or not control)

Cut thin slices waiting 5 minutes and continue until corn grain size, let stand 10 minutes.
Then I heat the milk gently, always quietly to a temperature of 51 ℃ in 70 minutes,
stirring slowly to prevent pieces from sticking together.

To see if we can take a pile in hand and put it in a ball to see if it fits together, if ok, we can remove the curd.
I first bandaged with butter for the beginning, then when I had a nice crust,
I removed the bandage and scraped the butter to continue with only slightly salty olive oil.

It was not really a good recipe because it lacks a lot of details, I write from the tablet and can note was present, thank you for your understanding.

May the best Parmesan be yours,
best regards.

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 02:00:09 AM »
Can you post that in English?  LOL
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos