Author Topic: First Lancashire  (Read 817 times)

Offline Scarlettbri12

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 14
  • Default personal text
First Lancashire
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:04:29 AM »
Hi all!

Yesterday I completed a Lancashire make based off of the 200 easy recipes book and Awakephd's tutorial (http://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php/topic,14315.0.html). I searched around the forum for some pH markers as well, and mention where they are from in the make sheet. I was a bit of a dummy and didn't realize that the recipes were based off of 14 qts (3.5 gallons) of milk rather than 2 gallons (while still adding the 3.5 gallons worth of rennet, culture, and CaCl2), but I noticed pretty early into the make and hopefully adjusted the rest of the parameters quickly enough.

Right now it is sitting in the "cave", and I'm hoping it'll turn out well enough! I've attached a few pictures, but the make sheet should have all of the pictures I've taken as well as what I plan to do for aging.

Thank you again Awakephd, MrsKK, Spoons, and JeffHamm (among everyone else!!!) for all of the inspiration and information!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:10:53 AM by Scarlettbri12 »

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: First Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
Looks good! This is a pretty forgiving cheese, so I predict that it will be good. :)
-- Andy

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 04:35:30 AM »
Looks good to me . If you used vegetable  rennet then you could have issues with long aging .

Other than that  the only issues would have been quicker times to ph targets , but that part  is over already .

Offline GortKlaatu

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Goat milk?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »
It looks really good--fingers crossed for you.
Let me know what you think---I've only made Lancashire once and I wasn't happy with it.  Hope you like yours though!

Somewhere, some long time ago, milk decided to reach toward immortality… and to call itself cheese.