Author Topic: Hello  (Read 482 times)

ChefJaye

Hello
« on: November 05, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
I am a newcomer to making cheese.  I have made mozzarella, a herbed cream cheese (which was a mistake from making parmesan), ricotta, parmesan and am now making colby.
I am not a Chef - just a nickname I have been given  :D  but I spend most of my time in the kitchen.
My next project will be smoked mozzarella...

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 11:34:08 PM »
Welcome from another Chef in name only.  Actually CharGriller gave me mine, Chef Lou, and we argued about it incessantly.  Never made mozz, let alone smoke it but I have smoked some other cheeses.  Very tasty.  Thinking about smoking a blue I have in the works as someone told me they had some smoked blue and it was fantastic.  We'll see.  Anyway, Welcome to the forum!  Enjoy yourself and have a look around.  You can probably find anything worth knowing about cheese with the search engine in the top right hand corner.  If not than feel free to ask.  Everyone here is helpful and friendly. ;D
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Offline GortKlaatu

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Goat milk?
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:22:15 AM »
Welcome!
Congrats on the mozzarella....you'll hear lots of folks say how easy it is, but actually, mozzarella  can be pretty tricky.

Somewhere, some long time ago, milk decided to reach toward immortality… and to call itself cheese.