Author Topic: Can cheese cause inflammation?  (Read 906 times)

janealex0

Can cheese cause inflammation?
« on: November 02, 2017, 12:09:44 PM »
Hey!! I'm a foodie and I crave to eat Poutine, one of my favorite foods. It's been nearly 2 months since I stopped eating dairy products as I'm suffering from digestion problem. Has anyone experienced any digestive disorder after having cheese? Recently I read a blog which says some foods can cause inflammation and they have mentioned avoiding saturated fats. I'm planning to undergo a food sensitivity test from a clinic in Toronto to know which food is causing me trouble. I haven't undergone any such tests before. Do these tests involve needles or scratches? Are the results permanent? Any advice and suggestion would be of great help. For the past 2 months, I'm eating rice, egg, and salads. I can't eat anything else. This is affecting my life. I'm depressed because of this. I have given up all my favorite foods. I can't tolerate this anymore. I just hope for the best.         

Sailor Con Queso

Re: Can cheese cause inflammation?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »
You could be lactose intolerant. Keep in mind that NATURALLY AGED CHEESES are lactose free because the bacteria eat all the lactose within 60 days. So fresh cheeses like Cottage Cheese, Mozz or Chevre are out for lactose intolerant people. A lot of the big companies cheat by using chemicals and enzymes to accelerate aging, so store bought cheese CAN have lactose. Many doctors are uninformed and will simply tell patients not to eat cheese - WRONG.

You could also be sensitive to casein protein.

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 03:35:23 AM »
I agree with sailor on the store bought cheese , I have a few friends that can eat cheese from artisan makers but not the commercial stuff , even the younger cheeses are tolerated well from good makers .

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 03:30:45 PM »
Poutine uses fresh cheese curds, which has lots of lactose.