Author Topic: Muffaleta Gouda  (Read 715 times)

Duntov

Muffaleta Gouda
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
I love a good New Orleans Muffaleta sandwich.  But it seems when I get the urge at home I never have the right ingredients in the pantry.  So I decided to make a Gouda incorporating the olive salad.  I had no idea how it would turn out but it really is a good one.  I used Muffaleta olive salad out of a jar, rinsed and let dry a bit to reduce the moisture content before adding to the batch.  Here is a picture after three months of aging.

Offline nccheesemike

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 35
  • Default personal text
Re: Muffaleta Gouda
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:18:07 PM »
That looks delicious!! I’d eat that too. Great idea. Beautiful cheese

Offline GortKlaatu

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Goat milk?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 02:32:32 AM »
That is not only so pretty to look at, but I'm sure that it tastes great, too.  And now you've got me wanting a big ol' Muffaleta.  I bet that puppy would make an awesome grilled cheese sandwich, too!
(I hope you don't mind, but I may just have to copy that idea. I made a Asiago once with sun dried tomatoes and pepperocini peppers that turned out really well, so feel free to steal that idea if it sounds good to you. LOL)

Anyway, here's AC4U
Somewhere, some long time ago, milk decided to reach toward immortality… and to call itself cheese.

CacheRiverCurds

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »
Never have tried Muffaleta... But it sure looks good. Now I am curious to see if I could do something similar with Hot Italian Giardiniera that you put on Italian beef sandwiches :)