Author Topic: Help finding Packaging for Chevre  (Read 1342 times)

right_of_whey

Help finding Packaging for Chevre
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:18:29 PM »
Hello there,

I work on a small dairy farm and we are trying to find new packaging for our chevre. I keep seeing the packaging in the attached photo in stores, but I have no idea what to call it. My searches for vacuum pouch just bring up companies that sell flat bags. This package in particular is flat on one side and then the chevre itself sits in a cylinder of plastic off the back. I assume that it is two parts and seals either via vacuum or some sort of sealer?

I would appreciate any links or info on what this packaging is and where I can get it.

Thank you!

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
Re: Help finding Packaging for Chevre
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:53:18 PM »
I'm going to say this is an assembly line process special machines,
Special two part packaging vacuumed and heat sealed,
If you find an easy way to get this result let us know.
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

Jeroen B

Re: Help finding Packaging for Chevre
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:16:15 PM »
Hi Right_of_whey,

H-K-J is right about the assembly line with special machines you need to pack cheese like that.
Not very difficult, but an interesting investment picture.

Apart from that:

Chevre is ready to eat in 3-4 weeks. In that time a large quantity of moist will come out. The Chèvre you buy in the supermarket is stabilized like Brie and Camembert, otherwise it is not possible to pack it vacuum and keep it well. If you have a small artisan kind of dairy farm you might want to look for a packaging that concurs (is that English?) with the product. Fit the product i mean. Wrapping in paper or a very thin wooden box seems more in line with an artisan quality product. Marketing wise it will help the cheese, sales and the selling price.

Jeroen
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:22:49 PM by Jeroen B »