CHEESE TYPE BOARDS (for Cheese Lovers and Cheese Makers) > ADJUNCT - Blue Mold (Penicillium roqueforti) Ripened

Gorgonzola underway - natural rind looks like a putting green

(1/3) > >>

pastpawn:
I added a bit of annatto to give it some color.  I'm also letting it develop a natural rind (instead of bagging), and it's clearly understanding my wishes :)

1st pic is at about 1 week.  Pierced it at around 2 weeks, and took 2nd pic.  It's developing normally in the cave @ 50F.  Will update when I cut it in a month or two. 

timsumrall:
Looking good!

I was wondering what was under the cloth in your cave pic  8)

Divey:
That’s a very nice looking cheese. Who’s recipe did you use?

pastpawn:

--- Quote from: Divey on February 16, 2018, 11:30:30 PM ---That’s a very nice looking cheese. Who’s recipe did you use?

--- End quote ---

I pulled it from here:

https://www.cheesemaking.com/ShropBlu.html

I'm an idiot, it's not a gorgonzola.  It's a Shropshire Blue, whatever that is.  My intention was to make a gorgonzola, and I went looking around the webz for a recipe (I have one book, but I thought I'd search anyway).  In my rambling around, I found this recipe and used it and completely lost track of the fact that I had changed cheese types, though besides the color I'm not sure the differences.  Anyway, it's cheese, it's blue, and it looks good so far so I don't much worry about the classification. 

Divey:
Haha, these things happen.Did you use the Annatto?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version