Author Topic: Hello fellow cheese lovers from louise2  (Read 3006 times)

louise2

Hello fellow cheese lovers from louise2
« on: June 14, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »
           Hi my name is Christine, but on here i go by Louise.   I have been making cheese from goats milk on and off for 15 years.  I moved so had to sell my goats for awhile.  But got the bug again and now have two new milkers.........and the cheese making mode is back again.  Hope everyone has a great day................louise from Michigan

Cheese Head

Re: Hello fellow cheese lovers from louise2
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
Hi louise2 in Michigan and welcome to the forums, hope you don't mind that I moved it to new thread as might have gotten lost on end of velward's thread.

Congrats on making goats milk cheese, especially for several years, and on starting again. Chevre is my mom's favorite but sadly I haven't tried making it . . . yet! Mainly as all I can get here in suburbs of Houston is store bought goat's milk and she live in Vancouver Canada so hard to take some.

Welcome again . . .

DaggerDoggie

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 11:01:24 PM »
Hello and welcome Christine and Louise.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience in cheese making.

Tea

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 11:50:38 PM »
Hi Christine, I recently was given 10ltr of fresh goats milk from a friend and tunred in all into some feta for my daughter who unfortunately has a cow milk allergy.  She loves it was is wanting me to make her some more cheeses, as she is not fussed on the store bought goats cheese.
Would love to hear your experiences with use it.
The other thing that I use goats milk for is soaping, and only what is left over from cheese making.
Tracey

reg

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »
well this is great, i come here this morning and we have two new faces. Hi to both Louise and to Tea.

looking forward to hearing about your goats milk cheese experiences ladies

reg

louise2

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
  Hello everyone ;D
             I really love the recipe by Rikki.  It is for Mozzerella, and it is done in about 30 minutes.  Years ago with Mot's and goat milk it was always quess work and touch and go.......But with Rikki's recipe, it's wonderful.
              You can check her site out at:  www. cheesemaking.com.....I'm so thank ful for this wonderful site, and all the other cheese heads on here...

Tea

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 12:25:45 AM »
Mozzarella using goats milk.  I would love that recipe.  Must look up the site.  Thankyou very much.
Tracey