Author Topic: Review: US Wisconsin Made Montchevre Brand Flavored Chevre Cheeses  (Read 12395 times)

FRANCOIS

Re: Review: US Wisconsin Made Montchevre Brand Flavored Chevre Cheeses
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 03:27:27 AM »
waste is what we have left over.  either it's odd pieces off wheels, wedges cut underweight or simply "off" wheels. 

Cheese Head

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 10:57:14 AM »
Thanks, understand now.

Offline sominus

• Back Crackin' Needle Pusher
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 2
  • Insert witty comment here
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 01:58:27 PM »
Cheese waste... Hmmm...

This makes me think of hot dogs and bologna..  "Meat waste" products which, by themselves, are considered inedible (or at least highly undesirable) in the standard American diet are taken and treated, cooked, emulsified, tranmsmorgrified, irradiated, mashed, salted, filtered and fused into a convenient form that we then feed our children.

Yum.

--
Michael Dow

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »
waste is what we have left over.  either it's odd pieces off wheels, wedges cut underweight or simply "off" wheels.

I always thought that's what they used to make "processed cheese" or that weird stuff that comes in a can called cheese something or other.

Cheese Head

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 01:22:11 AM »
Ate third one, Mediterranean Herbs & Garlic, tonight for supper, even if UP ;D.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:34:49 PM by John (CH) »

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:59 AM »
Actually our local natural foods store sells a cheese mix that is made from scraps. When they cut big wheels into little wedges, there are LOTS of crumbs, especially from dry cheeses. They collect the scraps, mix them with other scraps. And sell the blend in small plastic containers. It's always different, but always very good. You get small pieces of some really great domestic and imported cheeses - at much lower prices. About $6/pound instead of $16 or more.

Cheese Head

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 04:36:02 PM »
Ate fourth and last one, Cranberry & Cinnamon (my favourite) Chevre last night with a nice beer and good book ;).

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 04:51:50 PM »
ice pictures John. I have not tried many of the soft cheeses. Don't know why I tend to go straight to the hard cheeses but I got my new crouttin molds i this week now for the goats milk!

BTW that book is awsome I love it. Lots of great little hints and tips scattered everywhere. I have little post-it flags all over that book! I know you will enjoy it. Speaking of which I have a few new book to read too!  ;)

siegfriedw

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »
"Actually our local natural foods store sells a cheese mix that is made from scraps. When they cut big wheels into little wedges, there are LOTS of crumbs, especially from dry cheeses. They collect the scraps, mix them with other scraps. And sell the blend in small plastic containers. It's always different, but always very good. You get small pieces of some really great domestic and imported cheeses - at much lower prices. About $6/pound instead of $16 or more."

I saw a recipe for something like thius in one of my cheese books - they called it "fromage fort"