Author Topic: Hi from Minnesota cheese newbie  (Read 969 times)

Jordancheese

Hi from Minnesota cheese newbie
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:52:32 AM »
I've been following the Newbie cheese-learning-schedule from the Fankhauser website.  Have eaten about 3 batches of yogurt (to labneh and greek yogurt) have made buttermilk a couple of times and am on my third batch (tomorrow) of Neufchatel.  _This time_ I should have a clean break (it's been kinda running even though tasty).  I'm applying what I've learned from this Marvelous website!

Other interests old houses, pianos and player pianos.  Much cooking and baking with dutch ovens and pressure cookers.  1920's jazz, Seltzer bottling

Bye for now,

Dale

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Hi from Minnesota cheese newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:58:20 AM »
Welcome jordan. There is much to be learned in the wonderful world of cheese and all here are willing to share their experiences.

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 01:32:02 AM »
Hello Jordan/Dale, welcome, I remember old mechanical player pianos with cardboard scrolls from when I was young, marvelous machines. Have fun making cheese!

Waitawa Farm Cheesemaking

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 03:23:36 AM »
Hi from another new person to this site, the Fankhauser site is a great site isn't it? Good luck with your cheese making, I find when my house is cold the break can often be a bit soft- not "clean" others may be able to comment further on this