Author Topic: BBQ Chicken Recipe  (Read 4141 times)

DaggerDoggie

BBQ Chicken Recipe
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »
My BBQ Chicken recipe: Since I really don't measure anything anymore, all are approximate. I use this to make four to 8 chicken breasts. It will also do a whole cut up chicken and then some.  This is based on an old Cornell Cooperative Extension recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cornell-Chicken-Marinade/Detail.aspx

2 cups vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3-4 tablespoons salt
lots of fresh-ground black pepper
1 tablespoon (I think I use more) poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 African Devil Chile pepper (these are tiny and hot) Crushed red pepper will substitute
1 Tablespoon of crushed garlic (don't forget this Mike :)

Using a mixer, mix all ingredients in a large bowl, very large, a large pot will work well. Mix, mix, mix until all frothy.  I use an old hand-crank mixer, but an electric mixer will work well.  A whisk just doesn't have the punch for this.

Place chicken in the mixture, push down until all submerged and refrigerate overnight.

Cook on covered grill for about 45 min . About every ten minutes or so,  soak & roll parts in the marinade and place back on grill. Don't re-marinate for the final ten minutes.

You really need a covered grill, the mixture is volatile, it you only have an open grill, keep a water sprayer handy. You know it is done when the chicken is lighter and stops sizzling continually.  As with everything grilled, it is best on wood or charcoal.  It's still good on gas grill, if you must.

reg

Re: BBQ Chicken Recipe
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 01:01:54 PM »
DD thats a few times i have seen that recipe. going to give it a go in the near future, thanks for posting

reg

DaggerDoggie

Re: BBQ Chicken Recipe
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
This place has made a ton of money on that basic Cornell recipe.  The place is always packed, but I never go there since I can do better at home. ;D

http://www.brooksbbq.com/

They sell the marinade in a bottle, but it is so simple to make.