Author Topic: Small Containers To Store/Distribute Cheese In?  (Read 3840 times)

Stuart

Small Containers To Store/Distribute Cheese In?
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:18:14 AM »
I've yet to make a good cheese, but I'm already planning to give it away to friends and family when my soft cheese attempts work out.  I got some goat cheese last year from a farm and it was in little containers, maybe 4oz, and they were nice, with a lid, and they had printed labels on them. I could do labels with a printer, to have the flavor/type information on them. Does anyone know where I can get little containers such as this? I don't want to just use ziploc/rubbermaid small containers... I googled and didn't find anything appropriate. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Cheese Head

Re: Small Containers To Store/Distribute Cheese In?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:51:09 AM »
Stuart, good question, presentation is important!

Do you know yet what type of cheese you want to make and give away, helps determine the package and how much cheese needs to breath?

Here's some ideas from French Supplies Store, and more here. Another idea is these plastic boxes and looks like they'll make you labels as well. Another idea is these type of hinged clipable closeable clear plastic containers. Whole bunch more stuff/ideas here.

Another way to go is wraps with printable peelable sticky labels to keep wraps closed, I reviewed some wraps here, Glengarry has some pre-made labels here.

Other ideas besides printing your own labels are these pre-made ones.

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:59:07 AM »
I appreciate your reply and all the links. I actually emailed the guy from the goat farm to see where his cheese guy gets his little cups that I liked. I'll let you guys know when I find something I like, because other people might be interested.

Oh, and I'm interested in soft cheeses for now, specifically Neufchatel to start.

Stuart

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
I found what I wanted.
Worldcentric.org has cups and containers for cheap, with low minimums and they are made out of corn product. instead of plastic

http://worldcentric.org

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »
Stuart, thanks for link, I can find lots of choices and reasonable priced but mostly in 250-500 packs!

Did you find any smaller amounts?

Looking forward to seeing your Neufchatel in them :).

Stuart

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »
John et al-

http://worldcentric.org/biocompostables/souffle/souffle-110F here are 1oz to 4oz cups, sold in as little as 50 units. These will be great when distributing small amounts, and when giving someone multiple cheese flavors but of smaller amounts. I ordered the 3oz I think. The cost per unit will be really low. Making and giving away cheese isn't free so I need to keep my costs down when I can!

http://worldcentric.org/biocompostables/containers/deli-round-one-lid I also got some 8oz containers for when I'm giving away larger amounts. 

I had been searching fruitlessly for something like this site for a while, then the new market by my house had little cups of yogurt, so I looked at the bottom of the cups, and they were of this brand. Mystery solved!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:19:57 AM »
Congrats Stuart glad you found what you needed. Nice site.

Cheese Head

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 02:58:32 AM »
Stuart, great find, 50 packs of mini recyclable cups for USD3-4 plus shipping, perfect! I need to order some . . . tomorrow!