Author Topic: Now I have milk :)  (Read 6613 times)

PeterNZ

Re: Now I have milk :)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 09:45:34 PM »
That makes her a double-special cow then, Peter.  What is her heifer calf's name?

At the moment it is called "Stupid Calf" or "Calfie" or "Calf" If it behaves really badly it is called "Sausage!"  ;-) No idea yet.

Cheers

Peter

Ariel301

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 02:12:12 AM »
Beautiful cow, and the calf is just adorable! They're always so cute when they are babies.

We have names for our dairy goats and buck, and we come up with sort of names for the ones we plan to butcher, just so we can talk about them and everyone knows which one we mean. So our butcher kids have names like 'number one' (he's our current one, and was the first one out of the doe) or 'brown goat'. I couldn't eat one that had a name and had become a pet to me. We've got a problem doe that my husband keeps joking we should eat, but I couldn't do it after spending so much time with her.

goatherdess

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 04:06:14 AM »
Our buthcer male goats have names like: Taco, Burrito, Spaghetti, Lasagna, and Burger.  :)

pamaples

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 03:31:34 PM »
My male turkies are named Stew, (not short for stuart), and Dumpling. ;)

MiaBella Farm

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 07:37:27 PM »
We name all of our animals that will end up in the freezer some sort of "food" name...

We have several meat goats:  Eggs, Bacon, Milkshake...and Fuzzy...I know not a food name...

2 Steer:  Gravy and Filet

5 Pigs:  Pork, Chop, Oreo, Doublestuff and....WILBUR!!! 

We also have 8 Hens, but they get regular names since we will only eat their eggs...not them   ;)

PeterNZ

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 02:44:51 AM »
My wife asked her 5 year old niece to come up with a name. She said the calf is called Lucy. The niece's name is Lucy, too.

Cheers

Peter