I now have thirteen cheeses maturing in my "cave." I spent over an hour just maintaining each cheese tonight. It's a lot of work.
Right now I have:
1) waxed stirred curd cheddar, my first
1) Parmesan (kind of ugly looking, but seems to be aging well)
2) Gruyere - one is several weeks old, one I just made. Each slightly different techniques and aging methods.
1) Tomme au Marc - I have no idea what that is doing since I don't want to disturb it, but it looks like it's doing something. At least it has not turned disgusting.
1) Cabra al Vino - left over from part of my failed English Cheddar.
2) English Cheddar's - one I cheddard and one I stirred since it did not set up well enough.
1) Manchego - part of which turn into...
- Smoked waxed hard cheese
1) Danish Blue
1) Reg's Alpine cheese
Trying to keep track of all this...turning many cheeses daily, washing, and keeping any mold in check is a fair amount of work.