Author Topic: Kadova Brand Molds - Best Practices  (Read 20090 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Kadova Brand Molds - Best Practices
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »
I have emailed them before and never heard back when I was looking for my first kadova mold.

susanne

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 11:59:57 PM »
Hmmm I am kind of short and there is alot of space down by my feet ...  ::)

might make for a good aromatic cheese LOL

i'm short too but my feed reach to the ground ;)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 12:11:45 AM »
Yeah most of me reaches the ground it's the kitchen cabinets or the bottom of the freezer I have a problem with!  :D

Zoey

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 06:39:41 AM »

I got a reply back from rietdairy.nl. Here's what they wrote:

"We do sell moulds all over the world, in case you need materials, please inform us. "

They don't mention anything about private hobbyist orders, which is what I asked about, but since I got this answer, I assume they will deliver my order.

I sent an email back to them asking for wooden mold sizes (or did someone find them on the website?)

I'm thinking there's about a 50% chance I'll make an order. So anyone in Finland wishing to make a group order, now's the time to react. (If I become 100% sure, I'll post something to the geographic board).

susanne

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »
i would love the woden mold too. i think if they have the small one for 1kg, that would be nice. if i can get only the one for two kg, would be nice too ;)
unfortunately, i'm not in finland :(

Cheese Head

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 04:01:52 AM »
I am pleased to report that this afternoon while making Havarti I managed to just barely with some squeezing fit curds from 6 US gallons of store bought past & homogenized whole cow's milk into my new 1.5-2.0 kg Kadova Gouda shaped molds! Weighed the cheese after pressing tonight before brining at 2.75 kg/6.05 lb, 37% above the rated 2.0 kg. Records and pictures posted here.

For finer cut curd and thus lower moisture style cheeses like Parmesan I expect you could push it higher.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 04:11:28 AM »
That's why I thought they were the 3kg molds. I got a whole 7 gallons in one mold. They usually hold less than rated not more. I would imagine you would be able to squish more in than I could just beased on strength and height (leverage).

I love those guys! I don't even use the little ones anymore. Although I may for presents.  BTW the fromagx molds don't even come close. I will post my findings.