Author Topic: Made my first cheese "Quesco Fresco  (Read 2621 times)

jonneyl7

Made my first cheese "Quesco Fresco
« on: August 31, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »
When i was done it seemed to turn out kinda rubbery, not a ton of flavor. Any idea why it would be rubbery?

cmharris6002

Re: Made my first cheese "Quesco Fresco
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:40:22 PM »
'Rubbery' is most likely just because it is new. How long has it been since you made it? Aging a few more days should also improve flavor.

Christy

jonneyl7

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
It has only been 48 hours, i do not have a cheese "cave" so i am keeping it in my fridge in zip top plastic bag.

Question should i try and keep the moisture out of the bag as much as passable? So far i have been wrapping it in paper towel and changing it every so often.

cmharris6002

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Question should i try and keep the moisture out of the bag as much as passable? So far i have been wrapping it in paper towel and changing it every so often.

That sounds like a good plan, you don't want excess moisture in the bag. Queso Fresco doesn't need much more than a few days to age and the fridge is fine.

Christy

Von Helman

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 02:44:54 AM »
We often just put it on a plastic tray as seen in my threat and then cover it with a cloth towel that both lets it breathe and absorbs the extra moisture, we do not put it inside bags or use paper towels, but everyone is different.