Author Topic: Can you believe it, another Michigander!  (Read 1600 times)

burgy

Can you believe it, another Michigander!
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:46:24 AM »
Hey everyone, just finished up my first attempt at making cheese. I have a nice farmhouse cheddar in the press and I think I did alright. Tomorrow I hoping to get a Colby done, but I also have to smoke a brisket so we'll see. Some things I like to do are baking, gardening, wine making and am working on a novel. About an hour north of Grand Rapids is the little town of Gowen and that's where I call home. Retired, married twenty-six years, we have two grown boys and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheese Head

Re: Can you believe it, another Michigander!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »
Hi burgy and welcome to this forum, lots here making Cheddars, few on Colby. I'm following your road, maybe another 5-10 years working, two teenage girls, married 18 years, not that either of us are counting ;D. Several members also big on grilling, beer, wine etc. Again welcome!

Zinger

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:15:58 PM »
Welcome Burgy, we Michiganders are going to take over the cheesemaking world if this keeps up ;-)

Glad to have you aboard and good luck with your efforts.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
Welcome Burgy! You'll have the advantage of being able to cold smoke your cheeses when done - way to go. I am also an avid smokaholic and sausage maker. Wonderful group here - enjoy!

burgy

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 04:05:37 AM »
Thanks everyone for the welcome. It looks like my first attempt came out okay, can't wait to taste it after it ages.

cmharris6002

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »
Hi Burgy, welcome! I love a good cheddar :) Did you get your Colby made?

Christy

burgy

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 07:48:09 PM »
Hi Burgy, welcome! I love a good cheddar :) Did you get your Colby made?

Christy

Hi Christy, I will be starting the Colby as soon as I get the kitchen cleaned and sanitize my equipment.