Author Topic: Mushrooms - Using In Penicllium candidum Cheese Making  (Read 6611 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Mushrooms - Using In Penicllium candidum Cheese Making
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 02:14:21 AM »

BTW I just read where that, um, "kiss" shape comes from for tetilla:

I see rickety card tables filled with yellow cheeses shaped like giant Hershey's Kisses ... or, to locals, breasts. This local cheese is called "tetilla" to revenge a prudish priest who, seven centuries ago, told a sculptor at the cathedral to redo a statue that he considered too buxom. Ever since, the townsfolk have shaped their cheese like exactly what the priest didn't want them to see carved in stone. You can't go anywhere in Santiago without seeing its creamy, mild tetilla.

I read that too and laughed my butt off! I just know the guys at work would appreciate a "kiss" shaped cheese! I think I have figured out a recipe to try for the tetilla cheese. Just have to clean up the language translations a bit.

Tropit

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 03:41:34 PM »
I was at a cheese shop yestserday and I saw a huge, hard cheese with striations of black truffles in it.  I'll have to try that on my next visit.  I don't know how they made it.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »
I was thinking my ole tomato strainer would be a good shape for this. Might just have to reshape a little.