Author Topic: Kohl's sale on Wine Refrigerator  (Read 5328 times)

jimmyzshack

Kohl's sale on Wine Refrigerator
« on: September 11, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
This is a repost from another site but i've been looking at caves but i'm not ready to buy yet but these look like good prices these are not forced aired.

edit: think i need to also add these being non forced air are made to be inside at room temp you can't go stick it outside. Or it will not be able to cool that low.

Wine Enthusiast® Silent 16-Bottle Wine Refrigerator
regular $194.95
sale $116.97
($99.43 w/ 15% off code for Kohl's card users.)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/persistentgiftshop/wedding/PRD~294734/Wine+Enthusiast+Silent+16Bottle+Wine+Refrigerator.jsp
Wine Enthusiast® Silent 6-Bottle Wine Refrigerator
regular $149.99
sale $89.99
($76.49 w/ 15% off code for Kohl's card users.)
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/onlineexclusives/kitchendining/kitchenelectrics/morekitchenelectrics/PRD~294731/Wine+Enthusiast+Silent+6Bottle+Wine+Refrigerator.jsp

DISCOUNT CODES

PERKSPOT100 (non-Kohls Charge) 15% off (Valid for orders of $100.00)
AUGUST15 (Kohls Charge) Save 15% valid 8/19 - 9/15
MYMVC15 (Kohls Charge) Save 15% valid 8/19 - 9/15
FALL15 (Kohls Charge) Save 15% valid 9/16-9/23
SAVE20AUG (Kohls Charge) 20% off (Valid for orders of $100.00)

Note: percent-off coupon codes do not stack

FREE SHIPPING CODE

MVC9983 Free Shipping (Kohls charge) Valid 9/9-9/15/09
MVC6560 Free Shipping (Kohls charge) Valid 9/11-9/16/09
MVC6920 Free Shipping (Kohls charge) Valid 9/24-9/30/09
MVC5810 Free Shipping (Kohls charge) Valid 9/26-10/2/09
MVC8283 Free Shipping (Kohls charge) Valid 10/2-10/8/09

MVC7250 Free Shipping (Kohls charge) Exp. ??
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:42:03 PM by jimmyzshack »

Cheese Head

Re: Kohl's sale on Wine Refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »
Thanks jimmy, good prices, I zoomed in on picture and looks like wavy shelves to hold wine bottles in place. They probably wouldn't work thta well as cheese shelves/boards, but I sure you could replace them with something.

For others, Kohl's is a large US store chain and thus I suspect only available in US.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 01:07:20 AM »

justsomeguy

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:00:07 AM »
Thanks jimmy, good prices, I zoomed in on picture and looks like wavy shelves to hold wine bottles in place. They probably wouldn't work thta well as cheese shelves/boards, but I sure you could replace them with something.

For others, Kohl's is a large US store chain and thus I suspect only available in US.

I have the 16 bottle fridge.  It does have wavy shelves for wine bottles.  I removed one shelf and put a 1/4" thick cutting board on top of the other.  Works just fine.

I have mine in a closet.  Ambient temp is 65-75F depending on time of year.  The fridge maintains 55F without a problem.  %RH inside the fridge has been 55-65% here in Albuquerque, NM.  Not sure how that compares to the %RH of the room.  Probably similar since I vacuum pack my cheese with a Food Saver.

I bought mine from the Wine Enthusiast website back in July.  I paid about the same price.  It drop shipped from New Jersey.  Took about 4 days to get to Albuquerque.

TK

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
@justsomeguy, welcome to the forum and thanks for the info! Some quick questions, which model did you buy, what's the inside width and are the shelves adjustable height?

@DeejayDebi, on your Haier Nucool, does it need an external Johnson Control type thermostat to override the fridges thermostat to get to 13C/55F range?

Thanks both, John.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:04:44 AM »
John -

Yes it does. It will stay at 45F the highest with the internal setting.  Which is okay with some cheeses but cold for others.

justsomeguy

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 04:54:07 AM »
@justsomeguy, welcome to the forum and thanks for the info! Some quick questions, which model did you buy, what's the inside width and are the shelves adjustable height?

@DeejayDebi, on your Haier Nucool, does it need an external Johnson Control type thermostat to override the fridges thermostat to get to 13C/55F range?

Thanks both, John.

Hi John,

I have item number "272 02 17" from the Wine Enthusiast website, except with the copper colored door.  http://www.wineenthusiast.com/wine-enthusiast-silent-16-bottle-wine-refrigerator-%28right-hinged-stainless-steel-trim-door%29.asp  I got the copper one on clearance for $100 shipped.  Doesn't look like it is available anymore.

The internal dimensions are 16.5"H x 14.5"W x 12"D.  There are three removable shelves that are at fixed positions (approx 4", 8" and 12" from the bottom).  I removed the top and bottom shelves, so I'm stacking my cheese on the floor and the middle self.  On the Wine Enthusiast website, there is a picture of the inside.  You can see that the shelves slide into a groove so that they can slide out a little without tipping.  If you want to completely replace the wavy shelves, you would be restricted by the size of the groove.  That's why I just put a cutting board on top of the wavy shelf to make a flat surface.

I'm still working with small 2gal batches in a 4" mold, so this unit is just about right for me.  I currently have 2x .5lb baby goudas, 1x 2lb farmhouse cheddar, 1x 2lb colby and 1x 2lb gruyere.  These are on the top shelf.  My ultimate goal is to make some blues, so I'll put an aging container on the bottom shelf.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

TK

Cheese Head

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »
@debi, thanks.

@justsomeguy, many thanks for the details, makes sense to just put flat shelf on top of the wavy wine shelf. Congrats on all the cheeses! I have two 7" ID 1.5-2.0 kg Kadova Gouda shaped molds so looks like I will be able to get two pressed cheeses side by side but only 1 deep so probable 3 per shelf (staggered) x 2 shelves = 6 cheeses aging.