Author Topic: French Neufchatel Cheese Making Recipe & Christy’s #1 Making @ 092109  (Read 10811 times)

Tropit

Re: French Neufchatel Cheese Making Recipe & Christy’s #1 Making @ 092109
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 12:50:23 PM »
I like the idea of using just a pinch of the p. candidum.  Sometimes mine come out too white and fluffy.  Maybe I'm using too much of the stuff.

Parselmouth

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
Those cheeses look beautiful and I'm inspired to have a go, although I only have cow's milk so don't know if they will work as well.

They have a very rustic, artisanal appeal, and don't take forever to be ready which is great for me, the most impatient cheesemaker in the world.  ;)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 07:09:35 PM »
Sailor the French style is a lot lot a camembert and usually maded in heart shaped molds. The American version is just like philideplhia cream cheese. Very strange!

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
The American style Neuf is really quick & easy to make - and freezes really well. We do ours with French style herbs.

bevvy234

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 09:46:56 PM »
I'm posting here and also starting a new topic.

I am making  French Neufchatel and have been to this post so many times during the cheese making process over the last two days for confirmation of the progess that I am seeing in my cheese. So far, my results have paralleled yours, Christy, and that's been really helpful. That's the beauty of this forum. I love it!
I have just kneaded salt into the curd, molded it and refridgerated it. My question: is after this time in the fridge and removing the molds do I return them to a normal fridge or an aging fridge?
Camembert is aged in a cheese cave, I thought, while waiting for the fuzz to develop.
Any help would be really appreciated.

cmharris6002

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:25 AM »
I aged mine in a normal fridge. I hope you enjoyed your cheese :)