Author Topic: Hi from Spokane, WA  (Read 1588 times)

Lorie

Hi from Spokane, WA
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:06:26 PM »
Hello!
I'm very exctied to have found this forum.  I'm in the process of setting up a Grade A Dairy with the plan to sell artisan goat cheese.  I've met with a couple of local chefs and had positive feedback on my cheeses so far.  I've also been working with the WSDA - may as well start out right!  I'm excited to have found aspot to ask more questions!

wharris

Re: Hi from Spokane, WA
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Lorie. 
What cheeses do you currently make?

Tea

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »
Good morning Lorie and welcome to the forum.  Great to see that you are doing what a lot of us  dream of doing.

linuxboy

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »
Welcome! Lots of great cheesemakers here in the PNW. If you're ever on the west side of the state, check out Estrella in Montesano, they have a cool cave.

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
Hi Lorie and welcome to this forum, lots of good people here, what is WSDA?

PS: For others out there, Spokane is a city in Washington State of US, not in Western Australia ;D.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
Welcome Aboard Lorie! A grade A dairy good show! There is a lot of great stuff here to help you along and the best of people to helps as well!

cmharris6002

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 11:13:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lorie. There is great info here and a wonderful group of cheese makers!

Christy

Lorie

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
Thank you!  As I said, I'm very excited to have found this forum. Let's see ...

I currently am making several cheeses including chevre, ricotta, manchego, feta, cabra al vino and cheddar.  I've made ice cream too.  I haven't found that there is too much difference between the goat milk and cow milk products when you use really fresh milk.

This has been my summer to learn and experiment and I've really enjoyed it.  This is a whole new adventure.

WSDA - Washington State Department of Agriculture - they produce all the hoops I will need to jump through to get this dairy up and running.

I'm looking forward to asking lots of questions and meeting new people. Thanks!