Author Topic: Vat - John's Royal Indust. 40 US Quart/38 Liter NSF Stainless Steel Stockpot & Lid  (Read 15001 times)

Likesspace

Oh, that's really nice John....
Just as I was starting to feel comfortable with my 24 Quart pot you have to go and upsize on me.
Oh well, I'm sure my wife will understand......it is after all, all about size with us guys. :)

Dave

wharris

I've  been thinking of upgrading to a 300L vat....

lol 

Just kidding, this would not be for cheese, but to age my wine...

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Oh, that's really nice John....
Just as I was starting to feel comfortable with my 24 Quart pot you have to go and upsize on me.
Oh well, I'm sure my wife will understand......it is after all, all about size with us guys. :)

Dave

It's alot harder to lie about a cheese wheel though!  :D

Likesspace

Well personally I regularly make 36" diameter wheels that are 14" thick. I don't know about everyone else, but I figure that this is about average.  ::)

Likesspace

And no, you are NOT allowed to ask for a pic!

Dave

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
 :D   Yeah right!

wharris

I figured out how to make my cheese wheels 14 in thick,

I cut them in half.

Likesspace

Sheesh, Wayne...
That just proves that the first liar doesn't stand a chance.
It did crack me up though. LOL

Dave

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
 :D Now there's two of them!  :D

wharris

:) 
I love this forum.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
Me too Wayne! Me toooo!

Sailor Con Queso

My first 36" wheel cracked the floor in my basement and my wife made me cut back to 30". That one broke the table that it was drying on, rolled across the floor and squashed my dog. Oh, well, she was stealing chunks of cheese, so it was time for her to go anywhey. So Nancy made me cut back to 24". That HUGE Castle Blue created massive amounts of blue mold. Nancy's allergic to Penicillin and was petrified that she was going to go into anaphylactic shock, so yes she made me cut back to a more reasonable 18".

So I tried a nice 18" cheddar using Farmer's mega 750 pound pressing technique. During the night, the lever broke on my homemade French press and... Well, now at least we don't have to feed the cat anymore... and I'm down to a 12". I was just finishing up a beautiful Gouda. As I was moving the stock pot, I lost my footing and 25 gallons of curds and whey went EVERYWHERE. Burned up the shop vac cleaning up the mess. Had to call in professionals. Nancy was really upset this time, so now I am down to my 7-1/2".

So I was reading this forum on my laptop and feeling really sad. Nancy must have noticed because she sat down beside me, put her arm around me and said "Honey, size isn't everything". I pointed at the screen showing a photo of Wayne's big pot hanging from medieval looking chains and said... "RIGHT". ::)

Cheese Head

Sailor great post, good thing you stopped at 7 1/2" ;D.

Tea

Great thead everyone, thanks for the laughs.

Offline sominus

• Back Crackin' Needle Pusher
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 2
  • Insert witty comment here
Ok -- you guys have me curious..

Making all these "big cheeses" in your home -- what do you DO with it all?!  Certainly a family can't eat THAT much cheese?!

or can they?

-Michael
--
Michael Dow