Author Topic: Vat - John's Royal Indust. 40 US Quart/38 Liter NSF Stainless Steel Stockpot & Lid  (Read 14996 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Cheese makes a great gift or something just to hand someone as you accept their hospitality in their home. Some people bring pies I bring sausage, beer and cheese.

Likesspace

LOL!
Okay Sailor, I know when I've been whipped. That was a great post. From now on I'm going to wait until everyone else is finished and then try to come up with something similar.
That was funny.

Dave

Sailor Con Queso

I guess Cheesemakers, like our cheeses, experience shrinkage as we age. :o

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
 :D You realy are a sailor aren't you?  ;D

Sailor Con Queso

Next Summer we are sailing off the coast of Scotland going from scotch distillery to scotch distillery... Probably will be a few cheese sidetrips involved.  :P

I am the Cruise Director for our sailing association. I am organizing a sailing, wine and cheese tour trip off the coast of Italy for Summer of 2011.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
That sounds awsome!

Sailor Con Queso

Italy, Summer of 2011. You're invited.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
Do you need a boat?

Sailor Con Queso

Nope. We rent boats, captain & crew ourselves, and share the costs. I'm working on ideas and will post more as this coagulates.

wharris

Don't you mean "as this flocculates"

;)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
 ;D Could be either ...

Sailor Con Queso

Nah... flocculation involves spinning bowls and Mama Mia says we can't sail in spinning water. If the weather turns bad we'll just wait for a "clean break" and then go for it.  :-*

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
You guys crack me up!  ;D

Pineywoods

John now that you've had this stockpot for awhile would you recommend it. I see I can buy one for about $110 with free shipping

Cheese Head

Piney, that's what I paid. Yes still very happy with it, it is heavy and stiff, I've only lifted it with 8 US gallons milk in it and no problem, didn't flex and handles still felt very safe.

Thick bottom so with slow warming on gas stove I feel OK not having a double boiler set up.

I chose the 40 US quart/38 liter size to match my two 1.5-2 kg gouda shapped Kadova brand molds.

It is large and a pain to wash in the kitchen sink!