Author Topic: Bye bye, handheld vacuum sealer  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Bye bye, handheld vacuum sealer
« on: September 29, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
After going to Albertson's, Safeway, and QFC Foods and finding a gaping hole in the bag section (where the Reynolds Hand-Vac and bags should be) at each store, I wrote to Reynolds Company and received the following response:

"We have made the difficult decision to discontinue manufacturing and distributing Reynolds® Handi-Vac® Vacuum Sealing Pumps and Bags.  Product inventory has been depleted and is no longer available.

Reynolds is proud to have developed this breakthrough product for food storage but, regrettably, Handi-Vac is one of those great products that was unable to generate the consumer demand and profitability required to keep it in our product portfolio.

Thank you for your loyalty to this innovative product and for your continued support of Reynolds Consumer Products.

Karen, Reynolds Consumer Response
ContactUs@reynoldskitchens.com
"  :'(  >:(  :o

You have got to be kidding me! One of those really neat and useful innovations and they can it. It's like watching a well-written, engaging, and really entertaining television program...and the producers kill it because of perceived poor viewership. And then they replace it with a cheaper, no-writer, sitcom or reality show. Arrgh!

I guess a FoodSaver is in my immediate future.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

zenith1

Re: Bye bye, handheld vacuum sealer
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:43:58 PM »
well that explains why I couldn't recently find any bags. I have taken to using the Ziploc vac bags. They work just as well. The Ziploc system uses a manual hand pump, but I found that by positioning the Reynolds device in just the right position it worked OK. And as a bonus the bags are cheaper!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Bye bye, handheld vacuum sealer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 01:29:18 AM »
There are often great products that die do to lack of interest.Unfortunate but true.