thanks for the kind words, there were some questions there., I'll give it a go.
* What is your milk source? - store bought, suplemented by Calcium Chloride (1ml per 5 litres)
* What is your culture source? - Hermeticaly sealled DVT. Used direct not pre-made...
* Did you get nice white mould development? Yes, lmmaculate, and white all over.
* When you say placed in plastic container, are you sealing your live cheeses in them? - in two plastic containers. One inside the other, both vented but with a cloth to prevent access by wee beasties.
* When you cut a bloated cheese open, what is it like? - can't face it, stinks to high heaven! The prospect of opening one of these bombs is beyond me.
I've attempted to place some pictures in below, not sure if this'll work.
* What diameter are the holes in the hoops? - Hoop holes are very small - 1/16" inch (2mm).
* What are you using for end mats, - Muslin, not too coarse else the curds stick to the cloth breaking
a seal formed during the whey removal. Turn regularly, every hour or so till you fall asleep.
* Anything else I need to order? ..no, simple kitchen stuff..I've already bought my Roquefort Penecillin in anticipation of cracking the Camembert...
* How many do you make at a time? - Six litres gives me two rounds, total 800gms. <--( 1.7lbs?)
I've tried to post some pictures below, not sure if this'll work.
Else, I'll attach them using the buttons below. .