Author Topic: Hi from Thailand  (Read 1105 times)

memkuk

Hi from Thailand
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:40:15 AM »
Just realized that I didn't properly introduce myself: my name is Eric. I'm from Belgium, but lived in Thailand from 1980 - 1993, working in the Cambodian refugee camps and then with the US Orderly Departure Program for Vietnamese refugees. Moved to Geneva, Switzerland, to work for the International Organization for Migration. This brought me all around the world while on duty trips to "exotic" countries like Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and many other countries and continents. End of 2004 I took early retirement and moved with my Thai wife (of 29 years now) back to Thailand to settle down near Pattaya. Our grown up daughter and son now live in Phuket island, 1,000 Km to the South, where they started their own business. Living in Thailand is not bad at all, especially when one speaks the language.
Through this forum I found out that there are other people living in Thailand who are active on this forum: Nick (who lives nearby), Mai (Newbie001), Henry and Kai (these are the ones I found so far). It will be exciting to get in touch with them and share our insterest in cheese making.

kenjin

Re: Hi from Thailand
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:00:41 AM »
Sawadee krap, Khun Eric. You speak Thai? That is great! Phom Poot Thai Nit Noi - mai koi dee.. Nice to meet you

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:46:43 PM »
Welcome Eric you certainly hvae been all over. Interesting occupation.

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »
Eric, again welcome, there is a Thai Language Board for those who can speak Thai and there is a Thailand Geographic Board for English speaking stuff about Thailand. I'll probably post there one day when we want to visit again :).

zenith1

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
Eric welcome to the forum. You sure have had an interesting career. I can only imagine what it must be like living in Thailand. From what I have seen and read it is a beautiful place with warm and generous people