Author Topic: My name is Likesspace and I have a problem......  (Read 1782 times)

Likesspace

My name is Likesspace and I have a problem......
« on: October 11, 2009, 01:43:42 AM »
Okay, so after having read through a few of the "new" posts I see that there are a ton of new members that I have not yet met.......
Although I took about 8 months off from my cheesemaking I've decided that this is much like alcoholism is that it's extremely easy to fall off of the wagon.
Although I have not yet made a cheese this year, I do plan on getting the operation up and running within the next two weeks. Now that the weather has turned colder and I have most of my fall work accomplished the cheese making bug is starting to hit pretty hard.
This year I plan to limit my attemtps to the following:
Romano, Stilton, Camembert, Cheddar and my never ending attempts at making a suitable swiss.
Even though I had many failures last year, I did see enough success that I can hardly wait to get started again.
So, John, Wayne, Carter, Tea, Ryan and all others, be prepared for my endless questions and constant complaining about recipes not working out as I had planned. If I make it through this cheese making season without turing out some sort of alien cheese I will count it a success.
Glad to be back and a hearty hello to everyone.....

Dave

linuxboy

Re: My name is Likesspace and I have a problem......
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »
Welcome back, Dave :). Here's hoping you get the spacing and size development you want in the holes in your swiss-type cheeses!

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »
Welcome back Dave, 8 months! I'd need a fix, what ya been doin?

Likesspace

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:50:39 PM »
Hey Linuxboy and John! Thanks for the welcome back!
After having given it a little thought, I guess it's only been about a 6 month break that I've taken but even with shaving off a couple of months from my previous estimate.......it IS time for a fix.
It will probably be next Sunday before I get the chance to actually begin but I'm really looking forward to it. I've been dealing with the fall/winter blues lately and just the thought of getting back into this hobby has me feeling better.
Man, I really love summer but since I've been making cheese even winter has it's bright spots.
Thanks again for the welcome back and I'm looking forward to sharing information with one another.

Dave

Tea

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 09:21:50 PM »
Welcome back Dave.  Looking forward to your experimenting.

wharris

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 11:27:58 PM »
You are right Dave, it is a bit of an addiction.  I'm glad you're back to share in mine.

There are a lot of new faces and sadly some have gone dark. 
This forum has really grown in members, and some new members here really bring some serious game.

So, welcome back to you and Tea.

Likesspace

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 01:14:57 AM »
First of all, Hi Tea and Hi again Wayne!
It's really good to see a couple of familiar "faces".
Wayne, I have noticed a lot of new members and I've also noticed, (from reading through the posts), that many are much more advanced in their knowledge than I am.
I'm really looking forward to hearing some of their opinions/suggestions concerning my cheese making attempts.
I will admit that I've always been more of a "trial by error" type of person.
I love getting my hands dirty and learning from my mistakes. Regardless I'm sure that a lot of the new members have much to offer and again I look forward to the interaction.
Thanks again for the welcome guys....
I was actually somewhat worried that everyone would have forgotten me by now.
It's good to be back and I honestly can't wait to get my equipment out next weekend.

Dave

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 10:38:56 PM »
Hey I was just a newbie here when you took time off and I remember you.

Likesspace

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »
Jeez Debi.....
I remember when you signed up and now you have like a million posts under your belt and possibly even more cheeses than Wayne!
It looks as if you've been busy while I was away. Regardless I look forward to being a part of the board again. I really did have a lot of fun and learned a lot, last year.

Dave

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 11:55:43 PM »
My forum has been pretty dead laetely and after two years of trying I couldn't get anyone interested in making cheese. Then I found you folks to share my cheese passions with!