Update again. Everything was going well with this cheese, although I noticed that while the sides were getting a beautiful covering of mould, the tops were not. It was growing, but just. Finally got to day 10, and wrapped in the special wraps for these cheeses, then put back into the cave for another week, before I transfered into the fridge for the remainder of aging.
I started to notice an off smell in the cave, so cleaned it out, checked the cheeses, and thought, that I had covered everything. The smell was getting worse and more offensive, and finally I noticed that the brie was looking moist through the paper. So unwrapped, and the top and bottom were covered in a pink mould, and the smell was horrible. The skin had also started to slip.
I decided to cut into it before I threw it, and the paste was looking beautiful and even smelt better. So really annoyed with myself that I have somehow introduced a contaminant into the cheese.
I also think that the cave got too warm on one occasion, so wondering if that was also my problem. Anyway, not going to do this again until the weather gets cooler, as it is stinking hot here at the moment.