Author Topic: Source for FREE stuff: Freecycle  (Read 3114 times)

Tropit

Source for FREE stuff: Freecycle
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »
I don't know if y'all know about this, but Freecycle is a web community where people put things up for grabs for anyone in their neighborhood who wants it.  Members can also post their wants and needs.  In the past, I've seen some possible, "cheese tools," go by.  Of course, I wasn't thinking and didn't act on them...augh! 

Just go to http://www.freecycle.org and look up your town.  Each local board has their own set-up and rules. You may find that there's more than one freecycle community near by and want to join them all.  Good luck!

~Cindy

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Source for FREE stuff: Freecycle
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 03:43:32 AM »
Sounds pretty neat - thanks!

Groves

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 11:16:59 PM »
Shortly after I moved back to Missouri, freecycle was where I scored a 6 burner VULCAN stove with a 24in griddle and two ovens, one convection.

Dude was remodelling his house and just didn't want it anymore. Works great.

susanky

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 12:42:54 AM »
Seems to require an awful lot of personal information including birthdate just to get access.  Is that right?
Susan

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »
I got a full set of barbell weights. They were a little rusty, but they look great now derusted and repainted.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Mondequay

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 02:08:08 AM »
Susan, I don't remember needing to give much info but each group may have different requirements. I've joined groups in neighboring locals to have a broader choice of 'stuff.' Mostly I just give things away though, keeps my house clean!
Christine