Author Topic: Colby recipes  (Read 8397 times)

kawatiri kaas

Re: Colby recipes
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 09:20:09 AM »
Hi Debi, is there somewhere on this site that you could (if you were willing) share your sausage making experience with us. We've ordered a (whole!) beefie for later this week and DW seems keen on trying to make some. Karen, I was directed to use 'sewer' pipe as it has thicker and therefore stronger walls. Never been used of course! Did you drill holes in the sides? If so, how densely and how large?
Cheers, Brett

MrsKK

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 11:37:18 AM »
I've been using it without any holes drilled so far, but have been planning on cutting a section to drill for cheeses with wetter curd.  I'm really thinking my first colby could have benefitted from a perforated mold.

I still need to investigate the sizing and spacing recommendations for the holes myself.

Tea

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 07:52:34 PM »
Brett, Debi has her own website on sausage making etc.  The link is on the bottom of her posts.  HTH

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 02:00:47 AM »
Thank you Tea. Brett there is a whole section on sausage and an 92 recipe eBook you can download. I think my best recipes on on the forum though - never got around to doing another re-write on the eBook.

PS this is sausage week. Making bologna, capricolla, turkey loaf and pepperoni - smoking Friday.

Sorry to hyjack your thread ...

kawatiri kaas

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
wow, what doesn't this site cover! Thanks Tea and Debi very helpful. Ever made cheese centred sausies? lol Having hijacked this thread once already... does anyone know what sized holes a 'cream spoon' has? Cheers, Brett.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »
wow, what doesn't this site cover! Thanks Tea and Debi very helpful. Ever made cheese centred sausies? lol Having hijacked this thread once already... does anyone know what sized holes a 'cream spoon' has? Cheers, Brett.

But of course!