Author Topic: hello from eastern washington  (Read 1240 times)

mamanaturale

hello from eastern washington
« on: October 28, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »
hello all, i found this place from the keeping a family cow board!  i can tell already that i have sooo much to learn here.  i have made a few soft cheeses so far and have tried a farmhouse cheddar, but it is still aging.  we recently bought a beautiful jersey cow and now have enough milk to make any and everything we could ever want... just need to add the knowledge!
so nice to be here!
brianna

Tea

Re: hello from eastern washington
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
Good morning Brianna and welcome to the forum.  Certainly lots of information here to keep you reading, and a number of people here with vast knowledge on cheeses.  Questions are always welcome.

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 10:21:19 PM »
Hi brianna, welcome to the forum, steep learning curve, make sure it's fun!

mamanaturale

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »
definitely true on the learning curve.... hopefully it is like milking a cow.... way hard at first but gets easy fast?  lol

zenith1

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »
Welcome top the forum Brianna! The area that you live in is sure a pretty and diverse part of our country. I hope to get back there sometime. You will find a lot of people willing to help you tackle your cheese making issues here. Don't be afraid to ask -someone will surely chime in with some worked hard for advice to get you going again. ;D

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 02:48:44 AM »
Hello brianna and welcome. There is so much information here to absorb and many to answer any questions you will have. Enjoy!