Author Topic: Colliers Cheese  (Read 4934 times)

Mike-creation

Colliers Cheese
« on: July 04, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »
What are peoples thoughts on Colliers Cheese, the Welsh cheddar brand? What do you think about the taste and the packaging? Do you think the Welsh branding would put off English consumers, or is it seen as a good thing? Any answers would be much appreciated. Thanks

reg

Re: Colliers Cheese
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 10:46:26 AM »
morning Mike. to be honest i don't recall seeing that particular cheese on the shelves so i can't help you out. i will be on the lookout for it now and if i do find it will report back

regt

Cheese Head

Re: Colliers Cheese
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »
Hello Mike-creation and welcome to the forum.

Sorry but I live in Texas and have never heard of this brand of very aged cheddar, nice website, but availability page only shows stores in England and Wales.

My Grandma was Welsh so if still around she'd probably love it. On Welsh brand putting off English consumers, I think you are referring to the anymosity of English buying Welsh property and some Welsh torching those old homes. I think those days are long gone, so I don't think so especially as picture on website showed huge volumes of manufacturing in website. That said, you could have better market penetration if you expanded distribution outside UK.

Why do you ask, are you a big fan or in marketing?

PS: Website was a bit small, I thought picture on second page on Philosphy was a video-cassette machine ;).