Author Topic: My third thermometer/hygrometer try  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
My third thermometer/hygrometer try
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:18:28 PM »
Yesterday I received my third thermometer/hygrometer device. The first flaked out under excessive humidity (go figure  >:( ). The second was flat-out inaccurate. So I went searching for a replacement.

I came across this website http://www.weatherequipment.com/LaCrosse_thermometers.htm and looked at all the devices including La Crosse models. They retail for La Crosse products.

I liked the looks and specs of the WS-9023U-IT wireless weather station, bought it ($21.95) and a second remote sensor TX21U-IT ($17.95). It is early in the life of #3, but I thought I'd share what information I have so far.

Using other digital thermometers the temperature seems to track pretty accurately. The humidity is a little harder to validate. Starting from a stable (overnight) origin point of 56.4 F @ 58% RH at 7:00AM, I enshrouded the rain cover of the remote sensor with a dripping wet paper towel. By 10:00AM the readings were 53.8 F @ 84% RH. It did take quite a while to arrive at the final stable high RH. Inside my cave the other sensor reads 56.8 F @ 86%.

The side-by-side pic with the Razr is for size comparison.

Hopefully this will be the meter that I can live with and rely upon.

Here's the parent company:
http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: My third thermometer/hygrometer try
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 01:55:59 AM »
Looks interesting. Have to check it yet?

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: My third thermometer/hygrometer try
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »
My cave is actually running warmer than my garage now: 57.3F to 53.4F. Of course the wind and rain were blowing pretty good today so everything got chilled outside. Humidity in the cave is at 86%.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.