Author Topic: WmMike  (Read 1198 times)

WmMike

WmMike
« on: November 09, 2009, 11:25:34 PM »
I saw this so thought I would join in.

I am married with two kids 16 yr old daughter, 12 yr old son. We live on 6 acres and have lots of pets. 3 Golden retrievers, 2 Southdown sheep, two cats, turtle, lizard. We are low on pets right now having lost our three potbellied pigs and two Wallabies over the last several years. I like to play with  computers I have built several. i work selling camera and video equipment for 25 years. i have a degree in commercial photography. i have used cameras from 35mm up 12x20 view cameras all of the digital cameras out there. If you have questions about photography or equipment let me know. I also like to cook , BBQ, and collect cast iron cookware.

Mike

FarmerJd

Re: WmMike
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:31:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum Mike. I also love my iron cook ware. I look forward to your input.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:53:19 AM »
Welcome Mike. You have some interesting pets. I only have three cats now and two of them are 12 years old.  I would love to meet a wallaby they look so cute.

I need to get a new digital soon my little ole pocket Olympus is dying a slow death. It was indestructable for the first 8 years though! I am also big into Smoking and BBQ. Enjoy the forum!

WmMike

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:56:21 PM »
HI FarmerJ, I love my cast iron too.

Hi Debi, if you are looking for a camera look at Olympus Tough 6000 should use you memory card and it is super tough.

mike

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 05:28:40 AM »
Hey thanks Mike! I love my old Stylus. I've actaually had two different stylus cameras and they are tough little guys. The batteries are pricey but they last for years. I will be watching this camera.

kawatiri kaas

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »
Whereabouts are you based? I'm guessing Oz or NZ with the mention of wallabies, but then maybe you have them in the States. Cast iron cookware is the bomb. Have been thinking of getting a cast iron kettle for the fire, as the enamel one rusted out.