Author Topic: Kudos to Wayne  (Read 2553 times)

Likesspace

Kudos to Wayne
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:46:38 AM »
Instead of continuing to hijack Tea's parmesan thread I instead decided to start a new one....
A couple of days ago Wayne Harris was kind enough to UPS me a sample of the latest Parmesan he opened and folks, if this is what home made parmesan can taste like I'm in!
The texture was perfect.
The aroma was perfect.
The taste was perfect.
In short, although I have tasted a LOT of commercial varieties of Parmesan, I am yet to taste anything that comes close to this cheese.
Now like I told Wayne, I will admit that I've never tasted "the real Parmesan", but regardless of this fact, this cheese is by far the finest example that I have tasted.
My wife loves Parmesan (it's her favorite cheese) and she took a small piece to try. After a few seconds she looked at me and asked, "Why can't you do this?"  :D
She then asked for another piece and this time it was NOT a small piece that she took.
I've always felt that Wayne was probably his own harshest critic when it comes to his cheeses and this is certainly something that has paid off for him.
Because of that fact I wanted to publicly state that he has hit a grand slam with this one.

Dave

wharris

Re: Kudos to Wayne
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:59:43 AM »
My wife is getting a wheelbarrow for my head.  But you are much to kind.
Thanks so much.

Likesspace

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 03:10:50 AM »
Okay, here's an update I just had to post......
My oldest daughter just got home from a college class and I told her to try a piece of the parmesan......
I gave her a small piece which she looked at and then said "It's hard."
She then looked at the cheese again and sort of wrinkled her nose. At this point I said "Jordan, taste it."
Well she tentatively took a small bite and began to chew. After a couple of seconds she looked up and said "Holy Crap, this is good. You're not getting this back." I nearly died laughing.
So, the verdict is in. Everyone in my house agrees that Wayne has produced a fantastic cheese and now I'm expected to duplicate his results.
Wayne, you'd better be getting me that "make sheet" quickly or I'm going to be in hot water here. They are already groaning and complaining that they will have to wait for 10 - 12 months for the first taste. :)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:17:05 AM »
Congrats Wayne it sound like you've crack the parmesan code! Way to go my man! Stinky gym socks rock!

MrsKK

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »
Great job!  I can almost smell it over the 'net!

Offline sominus

• Back Crackin' Needle Pusher
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 2
  • Insert witty comment here
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 02:38:57 PM »
Ok, so I (playing the role of the newbie) will chime in and ask, for those of us who missed it, what was this famous recipe and process which you followed?  My wife is VERY intrigued, especially considering I should get my supply of cultures, rennet and the like today.. :-)

-Michael in Houston
--
Michael Dow

wharris

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »
Its not really my recipe that is in question here,  I think its more that I failed (in my very valiant attempt) at ruining this wheel.

Through happenstance, just got lucky and this wheel worked out pretty well.

While I am deeply appreciative, I do think that Likespace is overly generous in his compliments.

FarmerJd

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »
I think its more that I failed (in my very valiant attempt) at ruining this wheel.

What a quote! This perfectly expresses how I feel every time a cheese turns out. Nonetheless, congratulations are still in order, Wayne. If for no other reason than the persistence to keep trying.