Author Topic: Esrom, Manufactured - What Type Of Cheese Is This???  (Read 6089 times)

vogironface

Esrom, Manufactured - What Type Of Cheese Is This???
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:58:56 PM »
I was in a small local market in a town near me and saw this cheese.  The label does not seem to have a lot of english in it and I am not sure what this cheese even is.  Any Ideas what it tastes like?  It smells a bit strong and I have not yet worked up the courage to eat any.  What is this supposed to taste like?

Thanks everyone.

linuxboy

Re: Esrom, Manufactured - What Type Of Cheese Is This???
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
It's a Danish Port Salut/Trappist style. It's a softer, very stinky cheese. Consume at your own risk, preferably outdoors, and wash down with a dark porter.

vogironface

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:14:52 AM »
Thanks Linuxboy,

Well the smell has been the primary reason why I have not yet consumed any.  I thought for 5 dollars any cheese is worth trying.  I will let you guys know if my judgment was flawed in that.  :)

vogironface

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:29:58 AM »
Linuxboy,

I opened the cheese outside as recommended.  Before I attempt to taste this could you tell me it the smell is supposed to be something like a rotting corpse covered in vomit?  I am just a bit scared.

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:37:09 AM »
"Aromatisch" is probably the clue.

linuxboy

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 12:38:31 AM »
Aw, go ahead. It'll put hair on your chest :D. That strong of a smell means it's on the farther side of ripe, but not unpalatable.

But for the love of God, please have an appropriate beverage available and eat it with some bread or a cracker.

wharris

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 01:51:05 AM »
God, thats funny, reminds me of this thread.

vogironface

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 03:10:51 AM »
Linuxboy,

You have no idea how right you are.  I thought I had the courage so I opened it up.  This was the result of only smelling it.  This cheese has super human strength. 

Sigh, now I know how Neil Diamond and John Travolta feel.

If we could all keep me in your thoughts this next few days I may try again son.  Wouldn't you know this is a 3.5 pound cheese.  That's a lot of hair.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 03:25:45 AM »
Gee if you end up liking it I have a recipe you can make it yourself!  ;)

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:15:35 AM »
Damn you Ben. I won't be able to get to sleep now. That hairy image is stuck in my head. I'm thinking that stinky cheese might be a cure for baldness.

Wosh... I don't get the Neil Diamond & John Travolta reference. But I'm seeing the Fonz greasing back his hair with stinky cheese.

vogironface

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 04:22:55 AM »
Sorry Sailor, hope you don't have nightmares tonight.

I can't find the photo of Niel Diamond that I had in my mind when I made that comment.  I remember him lying on a couch in a white leisure suit kind of thing with a rather copious amount of hair escaping from his shirt.  Maybe it wasn't really so bad, but that is how I remember it.  Sometimes the mind plays tricks though and remembers things differently than they really were.

MrsKK

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Sharpen up those clippers, Ben!  I would think even having it in the house would encourage hair growth the way you look after just a smell!

I remember that Neil Diamond picture.  He is a hairy dude.  But nothing compared to Robin Williams, the grand master of hairiness short of being a gorilla.  John Travolta never impressed me as being particularly hairy - maybe you were confused because of the white leisure suit on ND and JT's disco movie days?

Alex

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »
Ben, did you check for hair growth between your toews and on your palms?
I'd like to try this cheese, somebody told me I'll be a millionaire when hair will grow on my palm.