Author Topic: Another newbie, from BC, Canada  (Read 1638 times)

milkmaid

Another newbie, from BC, Canada
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:56:22 PM »
Hi! Great place to learn all about cheese making. As I have lived on a dairy farm for the last 23 or so years, I have always want to try and make cheese. But now my kids are grown up, I have more time now. So I ordered the starter cheese kit from the New England Cheese Co. and have just done mozzarella, which was fun and turned out well. They have a recipe on their website for squeaky cheese curd so I made that too, and was happy with the results. Now I would like to try their recipe for farmhouse cheddar or colby, but first I will have to figure out how and where age it... But that will be another posting for sure!
Once again great site, I have much reading ahead of me!
Thanks!
milkmaid

Tea

Re: Another newbie, from BC, Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »
Good morning Milkmaid and welcome to the forum.  Great to see you jumping boots and all.

FarmerJd

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:51:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I would love to hear about your dairy. Good luck with your cheesemaking.

Dean

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:51:20 PM »
Welcome from a fellow BC'er!  I'm from Vancouver.

You can also order from Glengarry Cheese, another Canadian based company! 

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »
Welcome milkmaid, I grew up in N Van but now live in Houston, Texas. Great to see more Canucks here!

Our listing of supply stores is here, as Dean says plus Danlac is in Airdie, just north of Calgary.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 06:55:29 AM »
Welcome milkmaid. You will find just about everything you evert wanted to know here and plenty of help too!