Author Topic: Another newb from BC!  (Read 1350 times)

Dean

Another newb from BC!
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »
I never did take the time to introduce myself.

I'm Dean and I'm originally from Alberta and grew up on a farm.  I grew up with farm fresh everything, and really miss that diet, so I've been trying to recreate it as best as I can living in a major city.  Currently, I'm in New Westminster, part of the Vancouver,BC metropolis.  I took a small cheese making course at the UBC farm, and have been making a few cheeses since this summer.

I'm big into natural foods and like anything fermented!  I make my own beer, wine, mead, pickles, sauerkraut, and now cheese!  I've been collecting cheese making equipment, and it's not that hard since I had a bit of the same stuff from beer and wine.

Cheese Head

Re: Another newb from BC!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:38:52 PM »
Dean, saw a couple of your posts, welcome!

As a summer job I used to work for Hunter Laird Eng as a surveyor's helper out of New West. Used to go have coffee and griddle fried cut in half cinamon buns at 5 and dime store on main street I think was called Kresge or Woolworths around 1978-80, they were great! My wife is from Calgary and her family is from farm in Granum just south of Calgary. Again welcome!

FarmerJd

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:37:29 AM »
Dean, welcome to the the forum. I look forward to your input.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:44:13 AM »
Welcome aboard Dean!