Author Topic: Reg's Cheese Bread (& Others)  (Read 2936 times)

Online Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
Reg's Cheese Bread (& Others)
« on: July 11, 2008, 01:12:47 AM »
Text & pictures emailed in by reg:

Morning CH. Was reading about your bread making days and Tea's bread making and thought I would toss in a few photo's of my experiences with bread making. The first two photos are a bread with fried onion, bacon and cheddar. It's a great bread. The last is just some mini loaves.

Maybe you could post under cheese uses?

reg
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:04:46 AM by Webmaster »

Online Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:13:32 AM »
Last picture . . .

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 01:16:03 AM »
Well they all look great, especially the ones with cheddar cheese, hope it was your own homemade cheddar . . . ;D

Down south here y'alls call it a grill and one type of food that comes off of it is called BBQ, or at least so I've been corrected a couple times!

Tea

Re: Reg's Cheese Bread (& Others)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:53:20 AM »
Wow Reg, some good looking bread there.
Is there a recipe to go with the pic???

reg

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »
morning all. CH, yes big difference between a grill and a BBQ. of all people i should have catagorized that the proper way. we have baked bread and desserts on just about every piece of equipment we own including the charcoal cookers. you have to remember that heat is heat no matter what the source of the heat. will see if i can find a photo of an award winning dessert my wife did in 2004 at the Canadian Open BBQ Championships, a grilled peach cheese cake with a pecan shortbread crust baked on the smoker/BBQ. a pretty amazing dessert i can tell you

Tea, no special recipe for the bread. all you do is have everything ready, the onions cut and caramalized off, cheese grated and bacon cooked off and crumbled. when your dough is ready just before the first rise add all the ingredients and palm/work in then continue like normal

Cheese Head

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 11:49:10 AM »
Reg, yep knew you knew the difference, but you are right calling it a BBQ as outside southern US I think that's what everyone calls them. OK so I never though to make desert on a BBQ or to smoke cheese on a BBQ like DD did. I must get out of my comfort zone more . . . ;D, beautiful looking bread, would go great just by itself or with some more cheese!

BTW, my mooching through a couple of the Culture Manufacturers website made me realize what a huge range of additives are out there and probably in most store bought breads and cheeses, one link to one manufacturers ~30 bread additives and to cheese additives.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:56:11 AM by Cheese Head »