Finally, my cheese cave is complete. I've written about it in this thread before, but I'll sum it up.
The local drugstore was moving, and selling its fixtures. I was hoping to get one of those drink fridges for cheap, but they were still $2000+. In the back, though, I found this old fridge for $30:
-- that inside is cleaned up, too, from when I got it.
Since I couldn't figure out the model -- just that it was late 70s from Sears -- I learned a lot about gaskets, and ordered one online (from http://www.barefrigeration.com
). I took blue door panel off, removed that awful rusted gasket, cleaned thoroughly, and screwed on the new one. After scrubbing the rust off of the fridge, I sealed it with a can of paint specifically used for resealing fridges.
Since this is a wine and cheese fridge, and I have about 36 bottles in there now, the two shelves weren't sufficient -- for spacing, or security. I don't need bottles dropping off. I got lucky, and this Sterilite 5-drawer unit fit like a glove. It will make sectioning off areas a breeze: