Author Topic: Hello from Seattle  (Read 2179 times)

Heathers

Hello from Seattle
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:44:05 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm from Seattle, and I am only one Heather. I became obsessed with cheesemaking last December and make a raw milk cheese every other weekend. My family thinks I've gone cheese crazy. I consider that a compliment. I've made soft mold ripened, washed rind, Stiltons, Goat, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Gruyere, cheddars, etc. Today I made a Caerphilly.

I participate in a couple other cheese forums and just found this one today. I'm looking forward to reading up and looking forward to meeting you all. I have so much to learn.

Heather

Cheese Head

Re: Hello from Seattle
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:16:29 AM »
Hello Heather in Seattle Washington and welcome to this forum!

Congrats on getting raw milk in US, great to have someone very experienced, hope you can help us out with some advice :).

FYI Tea in Queensland posted a Caerphilly Recipe and has been recently making it.

reg

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
good morning and welcome Heather from Seattle. great to hear you have some good experience. will be looking forward to hearing about your cheese making exploits

reg

from Niagara Falls Canada

DaggerDoggie

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »
Heather, welcome to the forum and looking forward to hearing of your successes!

Tea

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:12:50 AM »
Hi Heather and welcome.  Great to have another lady on board.  Hope to hear of your experiences with you cheeses.
My family tend to roll their eye's when they see more milk come in, but they enjoy the end result, so they don't complain too much.