Author Topic: Brand new in Tennessee  (Read 1505 times)

TN_Explorer

Brand new in Tennessee
« on: December 13, 2009, 04:05:21 PM »
Well, I was scoping out sausage making, and stumbled on cheese.  Doggone it, now I have another thing to try!

I'm Mike, living in middle Tennessee.  I'm a tinkerer and always up to something.  I've been making venison summer sausages & jerky for quite a while and just built a big smoker to experiment with hard salami, ham & bacon. 

I also built a greenhouse & planted greens just before Thanksgiving.  Everything sprouted and is growing!

As to cheese, I made a quick ricotta from a different website and then got looking at cheese presses, which led me here.  I'm excited about the possibility of making my own sausage, cheese, and a beer to go with it.

Other things on my list include leatherwork, trying to complete a 5-year old project to restore/customize my old 1970 Ford pickup, and HAM radio.

Looking forward to learning about cheese and sharing thoughts, ideas, successes and others with you!

-- Mike

Alex

Re: Brand new in Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »
Wellcome Mike,

Lots of nice and helpfull people here. Start shooting, we'll help you to hit the target.

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
Howdy Mike from Houston!

Welcome to the forum, lots of great and different presses in that Board. I'm still working on getting my cheese making better, wine and beer are a long way off.

Hard to believe that a 1970 pickup is 40 years old now . . . good thing I'm not aging that fast, then again maybe I need some resoration and customizing ;D.

Tea

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »
Good morning TN-Explorer and welcome to the forum.  Seems like you will feel right at home.

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 02:38:27 AM »
Hi Mike,

The amount of information in this forum is overwhelming, people are helpfull and welcoming.

I am sure, your questions will be answered in great detail.

So, whose sausages are better, DeeJayDebbie or Mike? :P

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 04:53:42 AM »
OOoooOOO another sausage maker! Welcome Mike that's one of my addictions as well. Just made a bunch of lunchmeat last week to go with all my cheese!