Author Topic: 2008/11/15-16 - Canada, Vancouver Granville Is. Curds and Whey Cheese Festival - CANCELLED  (Read 3351 times)

Herb N Cheddr

Hi everyone,

Haven't yet found out why but the 3rd Annual Granville Island Curds and Whey Cheese Festival that takes place in Vancouver Canada has been cancelled for 2008.
???

Hopefully next year!
Herb N Cheddr
-------------------------

Cheese lovers visiting the Granville Island Public Market will definitely want to check out the Curds and Whey cheese festival, which takes place in mid-November.

Curds and Whey Cheese Festival - November 15 - 16
Specialty cheese vendors in market, cooking demonstrations featuring cheese
Info: 604-666-5784

Granville Island Public Market
1689 Johnston St
Vancouver, British Columbia
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=29710125139
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:47:09 AM by Herb N Cheddr »

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
HnC, thanks for the info, I'll be in Van early Sep 08 visiting my folks et al, so sadly will miss it, but I expect I'll still go to Granville island Market.

Hope you don't mind but I altered your date to the standard format so that if users click on Subject column of this board, it naturally sorts by date for them.

I also used this post to link to our Calendar. Just for readers info:
  • The Upcoming Calendar of Birthdays and Events are listed at the bottom of the forum's hompage in the Info Center.
  • The past, current, and future Calendar of Birthdays & Events is accessable via the Calendar button in the top menu or via this link.

All the Calendar items are clickable, clicking on a Birthday will take you to that User's Summary, clicking on an Event will take you to that Items Post or Thread.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:38:23 AM by Webmaster »

Herb N Cheddr

Thanks for updating this and for all the information.  I'm working my way through the various boards.  This is a fabulous site!

Cheers,
Herb N Cheddr

Heathers

Two of my favorite things--Vancouver and cheese! I love to go up there from Seattle. Have you been to one of these Herb N Cheddar?

Herb N Cheddr

I must confess I haven't attended as I'm normally away that weekend.  I do know though, that it's a great event and I plan to go this year.  I was disappointed in the Seattle Cheese Festival which, although large, didn't really give one a chance to "talk cheese" to the cheesemakers.  Vancouver's is much smaller which might be a good thing.  (Just my thoughts...)