Author Topic: Thermostat - Johnson Controls Analog A19 Series  (Read 6146 times)

Cheese Head

Thermostat - Johnson Controls Analog A19 Series
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:42:13 AM »
My analog 120V Johnson Controls external fridge thermostat A19 Series no longer works and basically it is on 100% of the time with the fridge's internal thermostat doing the work and thus keeping the fridge too cold.

It's 1.6 years old and I've been gently with it, no kinks etc, it's located in attached garage with high humidity. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong or how to fix or if not what to buy as replacement 120/240 volt preffered in case move overseas again? I was looking at digital Johnson & Ranco ones here, but 220v ones need external wiring, pain.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:13:15 AM by John (CH) »

deb415611

Re: Thermostat - Johnson Controls Analog A19 Series
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
John,

I was looking at the page for one of the wired ranco's (which looks like they are all prewired for 120) and saw this  "we wire and tests these controllers before shipping we would be happy to accomodate your requests for different length cords or other changes to the wireing] "  Have you tried emailing or calling to see if they would sell you one pre-wired for 220v?   It sounds like they might do it for you.   

Deb

deb415611

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
John,

I own an electric smoker and have a pid controller for it that I bought at auber instrument .   From what I understand the pid controller works a little differently  than the Ranco/Johnson controllers with a tighter temp control which might be overkill for a fridge.  I have not looked to see if they have lower temp controllers (the prebuilt smoker controller has a min temp far above what you would want for a fridge)

Auber's customer service is great (I emailed on Saturday of July 4th weekend and received an email back in 45 minutes asking for my phone number to troubleshoot my problem) -- I would email to see if they have what you want prebuilt or custom. 

Deb

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:13:59 AM »
If it's the bulb it will cost more to replace than it's worth. They also have electronic versions available.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/catalogsearch/result/?q=Temperature+controller

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:30:54 AM »
Gave up on this unit, bought this new digital replacement.