Author Topic: Netherlands Based - The Cheese Mould Shop (New Webstore)  (Read 11487 times)

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
Netherlands Based - The Cheese Mould Shop (New Webstore)
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:47:12 PM »
Got the following email from Stephan Béke:

Good day,

We like to introduce ourselves and for this we have a request. Would it be possible to open a new topic in your forum in which we present to all forum visitors our newly started on-line web shop www.thecheesemouldshop.com?

Now and then we visited your forum and we have seen various topics regarding these Kadova moulds in your forum. Topics vary from how difficult to handle the Kadova moulds are, where to buy them etc.

Now we have our on-line shop operational we are sure we can be of assistance to (potential) users of cheese moulds in general and users/buyers of Kadova moulds in specific.

We like to emphasize the wide portfolio of Kadova moulds that we carry in our shop. Moulds and parts can be ordered per piece.

What might be interesting for your visitors is that next to accepting orders we also offer to handle queries that customers may have regarding working with Kadova moulds.

The last 8 years I was working as a sales manager for Sonoco Crellin in the Netherlands. In Sonoco, the manufacturer of the Kadova moulds, I was responsible for the world wide sales of the Kadova product group. I have been advising cheese makers using their Kadova users for 8 years and I like to share what I gathered when talking to cheese makers world wide.

Next to Kadova cheese moulds our shop carries more simple but also more sophisticated micro perforated moulds from leading brands.

As said, we have our focus on Kadova cheese moulds as they are easy to work with both for home cheese making as for the professional cheese maker.

Not all moulds are on-line yet. On a regular bases we are adding products to the list. We aim to also extend our port folio with herbs, coatings etc. in order to grow to a one-stop-shop for every cheese maker.

Best regards, Stephan Béke

info@thecheesemouldshop.com
www.thecheesemouldshop.com

I did email reply to Stephan and yes they ship international and have already shipped to USA and Canada (I told him I was Canuck living in US, I'm sure they have shipped to other countries already). Their website is in several languages and they have the most complete list of Kadova Brand molds and parts I've seen to date and as stated above are happy to respond to questions.

I've added then to our listing of Cheese Making Supply Stores.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Netherlands Based - The Cheese Mould Shop (New Webstore)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Nice collection of molds. I have no idea what the prices mean though. I like the loaf molds.
I REALLY don't need one.

I REALLY don't ....  :o

Do I?` ::)

Stephan

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
Hi DeejayDebi,

Thanks for your post.

The prices in our shop are in Euros. Prices are without VAT. Prices stated are for either one complete mould, including the nets (for the Kadova's).
For the non Kadova's and non micro perforated moulds complete moulds come with cloth that is included in the price.

Commercial businesses outside of Europe we do not have to charge VAT.
Consumers though we have to charge 19% VAT on top of the mentioned prices.

Hope this helps.

And yeah, the loaf molds make a wonderful cheese!

Stephan

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »
I have a few times wished I had a loaf pan mold for some of my cheeses. I have no idea what VAT means but if it's a charge I am guessing some sort of tax or fee.

I really like the  KADOVA - Broodkaas - 2 - 2,5 kg but if I calculated right that would be $162 for one mold with VAT?

Tea

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:05:11 PM »
I'm with you Deb, I would really love some of those moulds too, but why oh why do they have to be so expensive.  By the time I add on postage, they are prohibitive ... sigh ...

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:07 PM »
I forgot about postage!  :o That would probably be pretty expensive too. Dang.

Stephan

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »
Hi guys,

We fully agree with you on the pricing part.
Why they are so expensive: because of the labor involved to manufacture the liners / nets and because of the choice of Kadova for supplying durable moulds en lids.
Kadova mould and lid will last up to 20 years, when making cheese every day.
So when you look at it from this side it is a worthwhile investment.

We are currently talking to another cheese mould manufacturer about a loafmould that has significantly lower pricing.
However, that one is executed with a cheese cloth that can be reused up to 5 times.

VAT is Value added Tax, you're right. On top of the part price for consumers another 19% tax needs to be added.
Companies (that have VAT number( we do not need to charge this 19%. May be you know someone around that could help you out with this!?

Please note: the 19% flows in somebody elses pocket, not ours!

Shipping one mould outside of Europe costs Euro 27,80

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 05:19:35 AM »
I agree the kadova molds are made well I have 13 of them already from 450 grams to 3 kg and love them.

Stephan

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:03 AM »
Hi guys,
Please find some info on similar loaf moulds like the Kadova's, but now with cheese cloth.

INTERNAL DIMENSIONS (LENGTH X WIDTH X HEIGHT): 215 * 100 * 120 cm (Kadova 2 - 2,5 kg mould dimensions: 245 x 115 x 129 cm)
APROXIMATE CHEESE WEIGHT: 2 KG.
PRICE / SET (MOULD, LID AND CLOTH): € 35,95

Although differently priced 19% VAT and postage still apply.....

Zoey

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 06:56:29 AM »

I just wanted to share that I have been exchanging a few emails with this Stephan lately. All answers have come really promptly, even I am of course only a very small customer (and haven't bought anything yet).

Since they seem so polite over there, I'm pretty confident that I will be buying a 4-5kg gouda mould and probably also a loaf mould of some size. Although maybe I should spare my recommendations until I have really bought something. But it all seems really good. And the prices are affordable (if compared to what the products cost elsewhere).

9mmruger

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 12:53:26 PM »
VAT = value added tax. 

Coming to the US soon if congress has it's way!   :-[